FileCat premium

Pat Boone - Pat Selection (2020) [Country Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Country, Bluegrass
CountryBlues

Pat Boone - Pat Selection (2020) [Country Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 25 Jun 2020, 05:16

Artist: Pat Boone
Album: Pat Selection
Genre: Country Pop
Label: Vintage Experience
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Moody River
  2. Speedy Gonzalez
  3. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
  4. Anastasia
  5. April Love
  6. Cherie, I Love You
  7. El Paso
  8. Fascination
  9. For A Penny
  10. Friendly Persuasion (Thee I Love)
  11. I'll See You in My Dreams
  12. Secret Love
  13. Silver Bells
  14. Sugar Moon
  15. Tenderly
  16. Tennessee Waltz
  17. Two Hearts,Two Kisses
  18. Words
  19. St. Louis Blues
  20. The Hawaiian Wedding Song

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In the years immediately prior to the British Invasion, only one performer rivaled the chart dominance of Elvis Presley, and that was Pat Boone. With his trademark white buck shoes, perfectly combed hair and gleaming smile, Boone was the very essence of wholesome American values, and at a time when the rise of rock & roll was viewed as a sign of the apocalypse, he made the music appear safe and non-threatening, earning some 38 Top 40 hits in the process. It's fitting that his achievements rank closest to those of Presley; after all, both claimed the sound of black R&B culture for their own, in the process straddling both sides of the color line and popularizing a form of music which otherwise might never have gained widespread acceptance. Of course, while Elvis with his flashy suits, swiveling hips, and suggestive leer remained persona non grata throughout many corners of mainstream America, Boone was embraced by teens and parents alike; his music polished rock's rough edges away, making songs like "Tutti Frutti" and "Ain't That a Shame" palatable to white audiences raised on the soothing pop traditions of a vanishing era.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”