FileCat premium

Tyler Higgins - Broken Blues (2020) [Free Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Free-Funk, Experimental Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Tyler Higgins - Broken Blues (2020) [Free Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 29 Jun 2020, 18:42

Artist: Tyler Higgins
Album: Broken Blues
Genre: Free Jazz
Label: Shhpuma / Clean Feed Records
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Day is Done
  2. Electricity
  3. Let It Shine on Me
  4. Farther Along
  5. I Want Jesus to Walk with Me
  6. Yes, Jesus Loves Me
  7. Texas is my Home
  8. The Truth is Marching On
  9. Broken Blues

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Can you imagine Charles Mingus jamming with the band Earth at a Baptist church service? No? Well, here it is, by the hands (and head) of a multi-instrumentalist in love with electric guitar feedback and the vast blues, gospel, folk, jazz and rock patrimony of that big, deep, fascinating and contradictory melting pot we call the United States of America. But no, Tyler Higgins isn’t your average fusion musician. All those music genres and styles coming from the African-American diaspora have been deeply absorbed and are decanted by experimental means so you have the feeling of the music but with the obvious reference points and sign posts removed. It sounds like a Baptist church was overrun by underground freaks and free jazz musicians ready to sing in the choir. “Broken Blues” sounds familiar, but at the same time so strange that you have to reset your brain and your ears to discover in a new way what you thought you knew all along. The 21st Century has developed its own Americana, and that’s good news. There’s a future coming, in spite of everything…

Return to “Avant-Garde Jazz, Free Improvisation (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”