FileCat premium

Jerry Lee Lewis - The Best of 50s English Masterpieces: Jerry Lee Lewis (2020) [Country, Rockabilly]; FLAC (tracks)

Country, Bluegrass
CountryBlues

Jerry Lee Lewis - The Best of 50s English Masterpieces: Jerry Lee Lewis (2020) [Country, Rockabilly]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 13 Aug 2020, 09:00

Artist: Jerry Lee Lewis
Album: The Best of 50s English Masterpieces: Jerry Lee Lewis
Genre: Country, Rockabilly
Label: Retro Music Box
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Crazy Arms
  2. Lovin' Up A Storm
  3. Milkshake Mademoiselle
  4. It Hurt Me So
  5. I'll Sail My Ship Alone
  6. Hang Up My Rock And Roll Shoes
  7. It Won't Happen With Me
  8. As Long As I Live
  9. Whole Lot Of Shakin’ Going On
  10. Breathless
  11. High School Confidential
  12. Mean Woman Blues
  13. Great balls of fire
  14. Break-Up
  15. I've Been Twistin'
  16. It'll Be Me
  17. Let's Talk About Us
  18. Little Queenie
  19. Ubangi Stomp
  20. What'd I Say

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Is there an early rock & roller who has a crazier reputation than the Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis? His exploits as a piano-thumping, egocentric wild man with an unquenchable thirst for living have become the fodder for numerous biographies, film documentaries, and a full-length Hollywood movie. Certainly few other artists came to the party with more ego and talent than he and lived to tell the tale. And certainly even fewer could successfully channel that energy into their music and prosper doing it as well as Jerry Lee. When he broke on the national scene in 1957 with his classic "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On," he was every parents' worst nightmare perfectly realized: a long, blonde-haired Southerner who played the piano and sang with uncontrolled fury and abandon, while simultaneously reveling in his own sexuality. He was rock & roll's first great wild man and also rock & roll's first great eclectic. Ignoring all manner of musical boundaries is something that has not only allowed his music to have wide variety, but to survive the fads and fashions as well. Whether singing a melancholy country ballad, a lowdown blues, or a blazing rocker, Lewis' wholesale commitment to the moment brings forth performances that are totally grounded in his personality and all singularly of one piece. Like the recordings of Hank Williams, Louis Armstrong, and few others, Jerry Lee's early recorded work is one of the most amazing collections of American music in existence.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”