FileCat premium

Robbie Reay - Up And Down (2020) [Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Robbie Reay - Up And Down (2020) [Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 29 Aug 2020, 16:27

Artist: Robbie Reay
Album: Up And Down
Genre: Blues
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Skylark (3:17)
  2. Up And Down (3:48)
  3. 2020 Blues (3:35)
  4. Crossroads 2 (3:43)
  5. Just The Same (3:44)
  6. This Time (5:09)
  7. Hold Me Close (3:27)
  8. Satisfy My Roll (3:15)
  9. Ain't Got No Biscuit (3:50)
  10. You're In My Soul (3:35)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Loving the vibe on this new release from Robbie Reay, ten original songs influenced heavily by an authentic delta blues inflexion. There are different styles, blues, roots, even folk influences.

There is a real flow to the construction in lyrics and tempo. The opener is an up-tempo tune, Skylark, this has some consummate fingerpicking. Up and Down is a catchy call and response tune in the delta blues vein.

2020 Blues chugs along nicely with a heavy beat, definitely a song for our days just now with the world pandemic.

Crossroads 2 has some signature laid back slide guitar riffs. The ballad, Just The Same epitomises Robbie’s sense of crafted songwriting and really pulls the listener in and plays with your emotions.

This Time has a bit of a country twist, a melancholic love song. Hold Me Close, again is full-on delta blues with a twist of roots, another atmospheric love song. Satisfy My Roll is an up-tempo tongue in cheek fun tune that works well live.

Ain’t Got No Biscuit has got shades of gospel blues exhibiting more intricate guitar playing. You’re In My Soul is the folky one, reminiscently Dylanesque. Lyrics are very emotive and sung with a relentless passion.

This release captures a live feeling and honest songwriting, contemporary blues at its best and stripped down. It is a real DIY release with Robbie even doing the artwork, inspired by his recent visit to the Mississippi delta. The tones of which will resonate on this fabulous release.
by Colin Campbell

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”