FileCat premium

Janis Joplin - Box of Pearls: The Janis Joplin Collection (1999) [Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Janis Joplin - Box of Pearls: The Janis Joplin Collection (1999) [Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 03 Sep 2020, 08:31

Artist: Janis Joplin
Album: Box of Pearls: The Janis Joplin Collection
Genre: Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock
Origin: USA
Released: 1999
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Bye, Bye Baby
  2. Easy Rider
  3. Intruder
  4. Light Is Faster Than Sound
  5. Call On Me
  6. Women Is Losers
  7. Big Brother & The Holding Company - Blindman
  8. Down On Me
  9. Caterpillar
  10. Big Brother & The Holding Company - All Is Loneliness
  11. Coo Coo
  12. The Last Time
  13. Big Brother & The Holding Company - Call On Me (Alternate Take)
  14. Big Brother & The Holding Company - Bye, Bye Baby (Alternate Take)

CD 2:
  1. Combination of the Two
  2. I Need a Man to Love
  3. Summertime
  4. Piece of My Heart
  5. Turtle Blues
  6. Oh, Sweet Mary
  7. Ball and Chain
  8. Roadblock
  9. Flower In the Sun
  10. Catch Me Daddy (Live at the Grande Ballroom, Detroit, MI - March 1968)
  11. Magic of Love (Live at the Grande Ballroom, Detroit, MI - March 1968)

CD 3:
  1. Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)
  2. Maybe
  3. One Good Man
  4. As Good As You've Been to This World
  5. To Love Somebody
  6. Kozmic Blues
  7. Little Girl Blue
  8. Work Me, Lord
  9. Dear Landlord
  10. Summertime (Live at The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 17, 1969)
  11. Piece of My Heart (Live at The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 17, 1969)

CD 4:
  1. Move Over
  2. Cry Baby
  3. A Woman Left Lonely
  4. Half Moon
  5. Buried Alive In the Blues
  6. My Baby
  7. Me and Bobby McGee
  8. Mercedes Benz
  9. Trust Me
  10. Get It While You Can
  11. Tell Mama (Live at McMahon Stadium, Calgary, Canada - July 1970)
  12. Little Girl Blue (Live at McMahon Stadium, Calgary, Canada - July 1970)
  13. Try (Just A Little Bit Harder) (Live at McMahon Stadium, Calgary, Canada - July 1970)
  14. Cry Baby (Live at McMahon Stadium, Calgary, Canada - July 1970)

CD 5:
  1. It's A Deal (Take 1 Edit)
  2. Easy Once You Know How (Take 1 Edit)
  3. Maybe (Live in Amsterdam, Holland - April 1969)
  4. Raise Your Hand (Live at The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA - October 1969)
  5. Bo Diddley (Live at The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA - October 1969)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

A limited-edition five-CD box set comprising both albums that Janis Joplin made with Big Brother & the Holding Company (Cheap Thrills and Big Brother & the Holding Company), both of her solo albums (I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama! and Pearl), and a bonus EP with five previously unreleased recordings. Each of these four albums includes previously unreleased bonus tracks (including live material), and each is available separately with the same bonus cuts. The tracks on the bonus EP aren't available anywhere else, and if you're devoted enough to consider laying out for this deluxe box, you're probably most interested in what's on that fifth disc. There are a couple of Cheap Thrills outtakes, "It's a Deal" and "Crazy Once You Know How," with a garagey feel and some typically scorching, uninhibited Big Brother lead guitar; it can be seen why they may not have been deemed strong enough for the album, but they're pretty cool to have. The live versions of "Maybe" (April 1969) and "Raise Your Hand" (October 1969) are OK, but not essential; of greater curiosity is the raw live charge through "Bo Diddley" (also October 1969). In the original long-box shaped release, each of the CDs is packaged in a mini-LP-type jacket, which would be really cool except for the fact that, cheapskates that Sony management is, none has an inner-sleeve, so the CDs tend to roll out of the sleeve once they're unsealed, unless you put them back in the box very carefully; additionally, the producers didn't re-create the gatefold design of Cheap Thrills; there are two subsequent versions of the set, a domestic wide CD-sized box containing full, jewel-cased versions of the five discs, and a Japanese version in mini-LP sleeves (with inner sleeves) and with two accompanying booklets. Note that this box does not include a good deal of material that has shown up on the Janis box, the Janis movie soundtrack, In Concert, and Farewell Song, so it's not a complete collection of Joplin's recordings.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”