Album: Bonnie Raitt And Friends
Genre: Blues Rock
Origin: USA
Released: 2006
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Introduction
  2. Unnecessarily Mercenary
  3. I Will Not Be Broken (Live At Trump Taj Mahal, Atlantic City, NJ/2005)
  4. God Was In The Water
  5. Gnawin' On It
  6. You [feat. Alison Krauss]
  7. Love Letter [feat. Keb' Mo']
  8. Two Lights In The Nighttime [feat. Ben Harper]
  9. Well, Well, Well [feat. Ben Harper]
  10. Something To Talk About (Live At Trump Taj Mahal, Atlantic City, NJ/2005)
  11. I Don't Want Anything To Change [feat. Norah Jones]
  12. Love Sneakin' Up On You (Live At Trump Taj Mahal, Atlantic City, NJ/2005) [feat. Jon Cleary & Alison Krauss & Keb' Mo' & Ben Harper & Norah Jones]

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Raitt, guitar goddess that she is and overall phenomenal spiritual presence on-stage, is joined by friends Alison Krauss, Ben Harper, Keb' Mo', and Norah Jones for two songs each, while all the while ripping through her own spirited and inspiring repertoire. The CD contains half the guest performances and most of Raitt's own show. What's really exciting about the show either way you catch it is that the edges in Raitt's voice that have been there from the beginning of her long and celebrated career, which are so often rounded off on her studio records, are present here, adding to her entirely soulful manner of phrasing and singing (being a song stylist is something she is rarely given credit for). Tracks like "Crooked Crown," "God Was in the Water," "Hear Me Lord," and "Trinkets" are deeply moving. Of her guest performances, "I Don't Want Anything to Change" with Norah Jones is stellar, as is "Unnecessary Mercenary" with funky-as-hell keyboardist Jon Cleary and "Two Lights in the Nighttime" with Ben Harper (all three appear on both discs). But Raitt shines best on her own; she needs no one and never has. There's plenty here to like, and some of it even to celebrate, but fans will have to pick their own moments.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”