FileCat premium

Tingvall Trio - Dance (2020) [Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Tingvall Trio - Dance (2020) [Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 16 Oct 2020, 15:41

Artist: Tingvall Trio
Album: Dance
Genre: Contemporary Jazz
Label: SKIP Records
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Tokyo Dance (4:33)
  2. Dance (5:39)
  3. Spanish Swing (3:41)
  4. Flotten (4:49)
  5. Riddaren (2:58)
  6. Cuban SMS (3:28)
  7. Arabic Slow Dance (5:22)
  8. Puls (4:19)
  9. Det Lilla (3:34)
  10. Ya Man (5:29)
  11. Bolero (4:26)
  12. Sommarvisan (3:44)
  13. In Memory (5:19)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

“Dance” is the title of this new album and the trio takes listeners along on a journey around the world, letting the widest variety of dance styles flash and flare as a vivid form of emotional expression.Martin Tingvall describes how it came аbout: “The idea for ‘Dance’ emerged while we were rehearsing ‘Cuban SMS’, one of the first new songs. All jokes aside: It was really hard for us to stay in one place as we worked. There was so much rhythm and energy in the music. As for me, I can’t dance to save my life, but it just grabbed us and carried us away. The idea for an album full of dances was born.”

Despite all the recognizability inherent to the typical Tingvall Trio sound, many of the compositions are clothed in startlingly new attire. Alongside Oriental spices and hues on “Arabic Slow Dance” or reggae beats on “Ya Man”, the tanginess of Latin America can be discovered, too, for instance on “Bolero” or “Spanish Swing”. With this successful trio, it goes without saying that the power and joy found in dance is complemented by a few calm moments full of thoughtful depth on tracks like “Det Lilla”, or the sorrow on “In Memory”. “Dance” is a thrilling album where the three of them are able to display a multitude of facets.

Martin Tingvall, Omar Rodriguez Calvo and Jürgen Spiegel sound more matured and harmonious than ever before on this new release; it’s easy to picture just how much fun they had recording these pieces.

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”