FileCat premium

Bruce Madden - Through The Amp (2020) [Blues Rock, Harmonica Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Blues Rock
Mike1985
Uploader

Bruce Madden - Through The Amp (2020) [Blues Rock, Harmonica Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 02 Nov 2020, 19:52

Artist: Bruce Madden
Album: Through The Amp
Genre: Blues Rock, Harmonica Blues
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Future Tense (1:09)
  2. Let's Make It (3:12)
  3. Ridin' In The Moonlight (2:47)
  4. See Me In The Evening (4:16)
  5. You Made Me Chase At You (3:34)
  6. Nobody But You (2:12)
  7. Don't Start Me Talkin' (2:16)
  8. Killin' Floor (2:50)
  9. Help Me (3:14)
  10. Mellow Down Easy (2:57)
  11. How Many More Years? (3:15)
  12. My Home Is A Prison (3:45)
  13. Boogie Chillun (4:04)
  14. The House Is On Fire (2:24)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

What Stands Out: For musicians and audiophiles in some circles, the word “dirty” has come to reverently describe heavy, distorted music – music that rocks, grooves or might make the listener involuntarily make that lovely sour candy face. Bruce Madden must run in such circles, as his new album, “Through the Amp,” is filthy– and joyously so. The album shows Madden, a veteran Grand Rapids musician and connoisseur of early electric blues records, interpreting some of those classics made popular by the likes of Little Walter and John Lee Hooker, among others. The album’s name refers to the way Madden records his vocals and harmonica: straight into vintage guitar amps. Those screaming tones, paired with an equally vintage-sounding rhythm section captured at Goon Lagoon studios in Grand Rapids, push the notion of dirty electric blues to sizzling and loud new heights. Here’s to hoping Madden and company budgeted for some earplugs in the process.

Digging Deeper: It’s a superbly paced album, bookended by two of Madden’s originals, “Future Tense” and “The House is on Fire.” Both tracks distinguish the more rocking and alternative sensibilities that sonically define the rest of the album. On “The House is on Fire,” a straightforward blues riff represents a certain stability at the song’s core. That stability is challenged by Madden’s brooding lyrics and two overdriven guitars, one teetering with deep tremolo and the other (the proverbial fire) heavily overdriven and played with a slide. It’s grim and delicious.
Perfect For: Drawing upon the wisdom of a bygone era in an attempt to make sense of the strange world we live in today. Perhaps there is some insight to be gleaned, or maybe it just sounds good. Who’s to say?
Devin Anderson

Return to “Blues Rock (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”