FileCat premium

Sammy Davis, Jr. - Greatest Hits, Vol. II (1990) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Sammy Davis, Jr. - Greatest Hits, Vol. II (1990) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 09 Nov 2020, 17:31

Artist: Sammy Davis, Jr.
Album: Greatest Hits, Vol. II
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: DCC Compact Classics
Released: 1990
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Mr. Bojangles (5:44)
  2. All That Jazz (2:12)
  3. We'll Be Together Again (2:50)
  4. The Goin's Great (2:27)
  5. The Shelter of Your Arms (2:49)
  6. I'm Glad There Is You (2:28)
  7. If My Friends Could See Me Now (2:39)
  8. Every Time We Say Goodbye (2:33)
  9. Somebody (2:24)
  10. Here I'll Stay (3:08)
  11. Here's That Rainy Day (3:06)
  12. I Think I Like You (2:56)
  13. Children, Children (3:24)
  14. Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone (2:37)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

When it comes to music, some people fail to see the bigger picture. They will become fixated on the part without adequately examining the whole. In Sammy Davis, Jr.'s case, some people will point to his hit "The Candy Man" (a cute, lighthearted novelty number) and assume that everything he did was a cute novelty number. But Davis was multi-faceted; he could be fun and lighthearted, but he was also quite capable of depth and seriousness. Davis, make no mistake, was traditional pop royalty -- a name that should be mentioned in the same sentence as Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Nat "King" Cole. Assembled by DCC in 1990, Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 shows different sides of the late singer. This CD spans 1963-1971 and has no problem demonstrating that Davis had more than one side. The Las Vegas-friendly "If My Friends Come See Me Now" (which became a big disco hit for Linda Clifford in 1978) is an enjoyable example of Davis' more lighthearted side, while "Every Time We Say Goodbye," Jimmy Dorsey's "I'm Glad There Is You," and "Here's That Rainy Day" show the sort of depth and seriousness that he was capable of. Picking up where Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 left off, Vol. 2 is far from the last word on Davis -- and at 41 minutes, it won't win any awards for generosity (not by CD standards). But even so, this disc (which also contains the hits "Mr. Bojangles" and "The Shelter of Your Arms") paints an attractive picture of the singer's pop legacy.
Review by Alex Henderson

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”