FileCat premium

Ingrid Laubrock - Dreamt Twice, Twice Dreamt (2020) [Avant-Garde Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Free-Funk, Experimental Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Ingrid Laubrock - Dreamt Twice, Twice Dreamt (2020) [Avant-Garde Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 27 Nov 2020, 05:51

Artist: Ingrid Laubrock
Album: Dreamt Twice, Twice Dreamt
Genre: Avant-Garde Jazz
Label: Intakt Records
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Dreamt Twice (9:58)
  2. Snorkel Cows (1) (13:20)
  3. Drilling (1) (18:38)
  4. I Never Liked That Guy (1) (11:12)
  5. Down the Mountain, Down the Mountain (1) (7:43)
  6. Snorkel Cows (2) (12:14)
  7. Drilling (2) (15:54)
  8. I Never Liked That Guy (2) (10:23)
  9. Down the Mountain, Down the Mountain (2) (7:22)
  10. Twice Dreamt (8:36)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The album Dreamt Twice, Twice Dreamt follows Ingrid Laubrock's landmark orchestral album Contemporary Chaos Practices from 2018 (Intakt CD 314). Ingrid Laubrock presents on this double album five compositions in double version. On the first CD, the EOS Chamber Orchestra Cologne interprets Laubrock's compositions. The soloists are Cory Smythe (piano), Sam Pluta (electronics), Robert Landfermann (bass), Tom Rainey (drums) and Ingrid Laubrock (saxophone). On a second CD of the double album a filigree ensemble around the core trio of Ingrid Laubrock, Cory Smythe, Sam Pluta and the guests Adam Matlock, Josh Modney and Zeena Parkins play the same five compositions. The two CDs of Laubrock's works contrast, diverge and complement each other. Ingrid Laubrock writes: “While the small-group versions were composed first, I did not just re-arrange those compositions for the orchestra but rather re-imagined them. As I wrote the large-scale pieces, I often zoomed-in on a detail in a small-group version to generate a materially different large-group piece.” As a whole, the two CDs paint fascinating musical panoramas, inspired by the composer's dream worlds, characterized by Laubrock's ability to compose and the individual colors and shades of the soloists.

Return to “Avant-Garde Jazz, Free Improvisation (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”