FileCat premium

Stefano Tamborrino - Seacup (2020) [Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Stefano Tamborrino - Seacup (2020) [Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 27 Nov 2020, 07:04

Artist: Stefano Tamborrino
Album: Seacup
Genre: Contemporary Jazz
Label: Tuk Music
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Coda (3:16)
  2. Escher (4:19)
  3. Purple Whales (5:21)
  4. Olifante / The Kinzelman (13:54)
  5. Noli Me Tangere (6:14)
  6. Bird Vertigo (5:07)
  7. Jakarta (4:27)
  8. Arcadia (3:36)
  9. Gamelan (3:51)
  10. Almost Jesus (9:03)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Ilaria Lanzoni - Violin
  • Katia Moling - Viola
  • Dan Kinzelman - Saxophone
  • Andrea Beninati - Cello
  • Gabriele Evangelista - Double Bass
  • Stefano Tamborrino - Compositions, Voice, Drums, Electronics, Lap Steel

It's easy enough to dip out a cup of sea water and gaze at the light filtering through it, as though we have through this gesture captured a tiny piece of infinity and can change its name and essence by naming it 'salt water'. In reality the contents of the cup remain true to their nature - fluid, and thus, beyond our grasp. If poured back into the waves, our brief dominion over them comes to an abrupt end, and our 'salt water' ceases to exist: In reality, those waters were never 'salt water': They were simply a tiny and inseparable part of the ocean all along, and their short time in our container could do nothing to interrupt or transform that truth.
Despite the violence intrinsic to language, our belief that words can contain meaning is fragile indeed. My own reticence to use them has caused me to seek other paths for expression. This music is the result of that search.

The unusual instrumentation of the sextet was deliberately chosen to allow me to access a wide variety of colors in the creation of a repertoire which evades classification. The majority of the compositions were completed during 2017 and 2018, and the resulting 75 minutes of recorded music contain discrete echoes of my musical and personal history. If this album has musical coherence, I feel it is the result of my obvious inability to observe the unwritten rules of composition, combined with a sense of expressive urgency which does not attempt to imitate music I admire. I have a tendency to describe myself in terms of my limits and shortcomings; other methods feel insincere.
Each of us bears a weight on his shoulders. This is my attempt to share mine with five friends.

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”