FileCat premium

Marilena Paradisi - I'll Never Be the Same (2003) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Marilena Paradisi - I'll Never Be the Same (2003) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Dec 2020, 10:10

Artist: Marilena Paradisi
Album: I'll Never Be the Same
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Philology
Released: 2003
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. You're My Thrill (Lane) - 5:28
  2. You Won't Forget Me (Goell-Spielman) - 4:13
  3. Slow Hot Wind (Mancini) - 4:02
  4. Too Late Now (Lane) - 4:07
  5. Laura (Raskin) - 4:41
  6. Detour Ahead (Carter-Ellis-Frigo) - 6:40
  7. If You Go (Emer-Parsons) - 3:30
  8. Where Are the Words (Severino) - 5:41
  9. A Flower Is a Lovesome Thing (Strayhorn) - 6:33
  10. All Night Long (Curtis-Lewis) - 6:14
  11. It's All Right with Me (Porter) - 2:52

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Marilena Paradisi - vocals
  • Paolo Tombolesi - piano
  • Piero Leveratto - bass
  • Eliot Zigmund - drums

This seems to be singer Marilena Paradisi's debut recording as a leader, though there are no liner notes to provide any background about her career. Accompanied by an excellent rhythm section, which includes pianist Paolo Tombolesi, bassist Piero Leveratto, and drummer Eliot Zigmund (a veteran of pianist Bill Evans' trio), Paradisi contributed all of the arrangements for her rather interesting program. She captures the sassy, self-confident mood of the girl unjustly abandoned in "You Won't Forget Me," while she shines in the bossa nova setting of "Laura." Her wordless introduction to "Detour Ahead" is beautifully mirrored by Tombolesi. But Paradisi especially excels in her two duets: the tasty "If You Go" with Leveratto and the strutting rendition of "It's All Right With Me" with Zigmund (though his drums are a bit too prominent in the mix). Paradisi's enunciation could use some work in a few places, but this delightful singer is well worth checking out.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”