FileCat premium

Hot Chocolate - Hot Chocolate (1971/2020) [Funk, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Hot Chocolate - Hot Chocolate (1971/2020) [Funk, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 23 Dec 2020, 14:08

Artist: Hot Chocolate
Album: Hot Chocolate
Genre: Funk, Soul
Label: Numero Group
Released: 1971/2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Aint That A Groove
  2. So Dam Funky
  3. Sexy Moods of Your Mind
  4. Messin With Sly
  5. We Had True Love (LP Version)
  6. What You Want To Do
  7. What Should I Do

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Hot Chocolate, originally released in 1971 on Coco Records, was recorded by a trio comprised of Tony Roberson (drums), George Pickett (bass), and lead singer/guitarist Lou Ragland. Ragland recorded a handful of singles for various recording entities in Cleveland and also served as Saru Records' A&R director and main producer prior to former O'Jays' Bobby Massey assuming the duties. If you like elaborate productions, you'll find this collection crude and garage-esque, but to many the sparse instrumentation gives it charm and flavor. This is pure heart: raw funk-soul done on a mini-budget, reminiscent of New Orleans funkmeisters the Meters. The selections feature funkers and dancefloor items like "Ain't That a Groove" and "What You Want to Do"; the instrumental "Messin' With Sly" with the band vamping to "Sing a Simple Song"; and the two wailers "We Had True Love" and "What Should I Do," the latter which Ragland released in 1974 on SMH Records as a solo venture. Ballads are Ragland's forte; his rendition of "Never Let Me Go" on Way Out Records (1964) is still to be cherished. The cover depicts the trio hot tubbing in a cup of hot chocolate with Ragland and Pickett holding their guitars. An original copy on Coco (only 500 were pressed) is worth plenty in collectors' circles.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”