FileCat premium

The Spike Orchestra - Splintered Stories (2020) [Avant-Garde Jazz, Big Band, Free Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Free-Funk, Experimental Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

The Spike Orchestra - Splintered Stories (2020) [Avant-Garde Jazz, Big Band, Free Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 Dec 2020, 13:59

Artist: The Spike Orchestra
Album: Splintered Stories
Genre: Avant-Garde Jazz, Big Band, Free Jazz
Label: Tzadik
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. The Pink Shagpile Carpet Story AKA The King Of Spank (18:36)
  2. Matriarch Variations (15:14)
  3. Here & Now (17:03)
  4. Standing On The Shoulders Of Giantslayers (10:54)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The music on this record is all derived from the power and magic of words. Words that formed stories. Stories that splintered and fragmented. Moments of resonance and dissonance. Fragments and strands forged into sound in the crucible of endless possibilities. I make no attempt to construct linear narrative structures that travel from beginning to end. There are no beginnings and no endings. We are only passing through time and the stories are passing through us. There are only moments of connection and the experiencing of those moments. Incandescent flashes of Love, Energy, and Catharsis.

Thanks to Jacqueline Nicholls & JW3 for your belief and trust, to Fiona, Sue, Jon & Emily for your love, patience and understanding, to Moss, Marc, BGS and Noel for your dedication, ears, and all that jazz therapy, to all the cats who were a part of bringing this to life, without you no music, I love you all madly. Thanks to Kerry Shale, your telling of the story of Ivor Goldblatt began an obsession from which this music evolved. Special thanks to my friend and inspiration John Zorn, without your love, trust, belief and infinite wisdom, no me. Eternal love, respect and gratitude.