FileCat premium

Hampton Hawes - Dear People (2018) [Hard Bop]; FLAC (tracks)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Hampton Hawes - Dear People (2018) [Hard Bop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 Dec 2020, 14:13

Artist: Hampton Hawes
Album: Dear People
Genre: Hard Bop
Label: nagel heyer records
Released: 2018
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. I Should Care
  2. Easy Living
  3. So in Love
  4. I Love You
  5. Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me
  6. Embraceable You
  7. Groovin' High
  8. Back Home Blues
  9. Polka Dots and Moonbeams
  10. Sweet Sue
  11. Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams
  12. Autumn in New York
  13. Numbers Game
  14. Body and Soul
  15. Love Is Just Around the Corner
  16. Stella by Starlight
  17. Round Midnight
  18. April in Paris
  19. Summertime
  20. Five Spot
  21. Hip
  22. Woody'n You
  23. Two Bass Hit

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Hampton Hawes was one of the finest jazz pianists of the 1950s, a fixture on the Los Angeles scene who brought his own interpretations to the dominant Bud Powell style. In the mid- to late '40s, he played with Sonny Criss, Dexter Gordon, and Wardell Gray, among others on Central Avenue. He was with Howard McGhee's band (1950-1951), played with Shorty Rogers and the Lighthouse All-Stars, served in the Army (1952-1954), and then led trios in the L.A. area, recording many albums for Contemporary. Arrested for heroin possession in 1958, Hawes spent five years in prison until he was pardoned by President Kennedy. He led trios for the remainder of his life, using electric piano (which disturbed his longtime fans) for a period in the early to mid-'70s, but returned to acoustic piano before dying from a stroke in 1977. Hampton Hawes' memoirs, Raise Up Off Me (1974), are both frank and memorable, and most of his records (for Xanadu, Prestige, Savoy, Contemporary, Black Lion, and Freedom) are currently available.
Scott Yanow

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”