FileCat premium

Rachel Musson - I Went This Way (2020) [Free Jazz, Avant-Garde]; FLAC (tracks)

Free-Funk, Experimental Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Rachel Musson - I Went This Way (2020) [Free Jazz, Avant-Garde]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 Dec 2020, 14:46

Artist: Rachel Musson
Album: I Went This Way
Genre: Free Jazz, Avant-Garde
Label: 577 Records
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Start
  2. Matched Up
  3. Syncope
  4. For Pauline
  5. A Note

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Debbie Sanders - Voice
  • Sarah Farmer - Violin
  • Richard Scott - Viola
  • Hannah Marshall - Cello
  • Xhosa Cole - Flute and Tenor Sax
  • Lee Griffiths - Alto Sax
  • Rachel Musson - Tenor Sax
  • Chris Mapp - Bass
  • Mark Sanders - Drum

With her new album, I Went This Way, Musson debuts her own ambitious compositions, incorporating spoken word text and daring instrumental experimentation, alongside eight other accomplished musicians. The ensemble was built around the close working relationship between saxophonist Rachel Musson and drummer Mark Sanders. The music, a blend of compositions and improvisation designed to highlight all of the different musical voices in the ensemble, is suspended from a through-composed text written by Musson that explores the process of improvisation, and her reflections on the experiential process of making music. Showcasing her own directorial ability, this project also draws from a long career in experimental collaboration, including previous projects at 577 Records like ‘SHIFA’ alongside Pat Thomas and Mark Sanders, and a feature on Federico Ughi’s ‘Transoceanico LP.’ While much of this album has its roots in free jazz, the semi-notated score and spoken word text allow for semi-orchestral influences to reach the fore, ranging from delicate chamber-size string sections to a more upfront horn section and simmering percussions throughout.

Return to “Avant-Garde Jazz, Free Improvisation (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”