FileCat premium

Aruan Ortiz with Andrew Cyrille and Mauricio Herrera - Inside Rhythmic Falls (2020) [Free Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Free-Funk, Experimental Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Aruan Ortiz with Andrew Cyrille and Mauricio Herrera - Inside Rhythmic Falls (2020) [Free Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Jan 2021, 17:23

Artist: Aruan Ortiz with Andrew Cyrille and Mauricio Herrera
Album: Inside Rhythmic Falls
Genre: Free Jazz
Label: Intakt Records
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Lucero Mundo 3:13
  2. Conversation with the Oaks 6:12
  3. Marímbula's Mood 5:11
  4. Golden Voice (Changüi) 7:55
  5. De Cantos y Ñáñigos 6:39
  6. Inside Rhythmic Falls. Part I (Sacred Codes) 2:42
  7. Argelier's Disciple 7:08
  8. Inside Rhythmic Falls. Part II (Echoes) 6:26
  9. El Ashé de la palabra 1:55
  10. Para ti nengón 2:01

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Aruán Ortiz has long dreamt of making an album that would evoke "a cascade of rhythms going over me, almost dragging me to fall." This feeling of being overtaken by rhythm is one he knows well, having spent his first 23 years in Cuba. Born in 1973, Ortiz grew up Santiago de Cuba – the cradle of Afro-Cuban music and a veritable "vortex of rhythm".

Ortiz captures the symphony of everyday life in Oriente on his arresting new album, Inside Rhythmic Falls. "I think of myself as a storyteller," Ortiz says, "and each of the album's ten tracks tells a story about Oriente province." For this project Ortiz has chosen Cuban percussionist Mauricio Herrera and one of the best drummers of today's jazz to his side. Andrew Cyrille was born in Brooklyn, New York into a Haitian family. "Rhythm is life … the space of time danced through," and inside rhythmic falls everyone is possessed by the dance, both leading and following.

The New York jazz critic Adam Schatz writes in the Liner notes: "When music is this glorious, it has the power not just to conjure spirits but to inspire belief and help us experience the marvelous. Or, as Carpentier also put it, the marvelous real."

Return to “Avant-Garde Jazz, Free Improvisation (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”