FileCat premium

Linda Lewis - A Tear and a Smile (1983/2012) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Linda Lewis - A Tear and a Smile (1983/2012) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 17 Mar 2021, 10:00

Artist: Linda Lewis
Album: A Tear and a Smile
Genre: Soul, R&B
Label: Big Break Records
Released: 1983/2012
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Destination Love (3:42)
  2. I Am What I Am (4:40)
  3. Take Me for a Little While (4:22)
  4. Don't Let It Go (3:53)
  5. You Don't Know What You're Missing (4:36)
  6. (Close the Door) Take Your Heart (4:05)
  7. I Can't Get Enough (3:47)
  8. This Boy (3:25)
  9. Why Can't I Be the Other Woman (4:04)
  10. Sweet Heartache (4:16)
    Bonus Tracks
  11. Come on Back (3:37)
  12. I Can Take It (3:59)
  13. Class/Style (I've Got It) (12" Groove Mix) (5:51)
  14. You Turned My Bitter into Sweet (12" Megamix) (10:15)
  15. Class/Style (I've Got It) (Single Version) (4:02)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Despite several rough patches at the end of the 1970s, Linda Lewis rebounded with glorious aplomb on her September 1983 album, A Tear and a Smile. More than any of its predecessors, this album finds the singer in complete control of both her songwriting and her remarkable, dynamic vocal range -- at the same time continuing down the path she forged during the previous decade. From start to finish, the songs are filled to bursting with soft ballads and wildly far-reaching grooves, helped along by Bert de Coteaux's immaculate production. But, as good as "I Am What I Am" and the haunting "Sweet Heartache" are, where she gathers her force and puts all her strengths together is on the absolutely stunning title track. Self-penned, "A Tear and a Smile" finds Lewis running without any flaws at all. That just leaves room (and barely!) for "Why Can't I Be the Other Woman," a duet between Lewis and Luther Vandross. His silky soul provides a delicious accompaniment to her own indefatigable style, while Gwen Guthrie adds her voice to the background to amplify the mood even further. A Tear and a Smile leaves little lacking and remains one of Lewis' best efforts, a remarkable portrait of the artist's own growth, of her increasing confidence in her talents, and of her manifold contributions to the face of British soul.
Review by Amy Hanson

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”