FileCat premium

Lonnie Shields - Midnight Delight (2000) [Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Lonnie Shields - Midnight Delight (2000) [Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 04 Apr 2021, 14:27

Artist: Lonnie Shields
Album: Midnight Delight
Genre: Blues
Label: Rooster Blues Records
Released: 2000
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Midnight Delight 3:44
  2. Love Games 3:36
  3. I'm Bad 3:48
  4. Arkansas Is My Home [No. 2] 4:58
  5. Woman, I Want To Talk To You 3:50
  6. Same Kind of Lovin' (Love Me All Over) 3:28
  7. What Am I Gonna Do With All These Women? 4:14
  8. DeSoto Bridge [Instrumental] 3:04
  9. Flowers In The Rain 4:18
  10. Long Lonesome Road 5:01
  11. Lookin' Up At The Blues 3:41

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Lonnie released Midnight Delight in April of 2000, his second work on the Rooster Blues label..Performing with Lonnie on this release are Dennis Bates - trombone, Charles Hodges - organ, Johnny Rawls - organ, piano and guitar, Anthony Royal -trumpet, L.C. Luckett - bass, piano, keyboards, Johnny Sangster - tenor sax, James "Super Chikan" Johnson - guitar, Sidney Ford - tenor sax, and Eric Thomas - bass."Down in the Delta, the blues covers ground ranging from ballads to boogies, and this notable release from Rooster Blues Records proves that no one combs the down-home musical landscape better than Arkansas' Lonnie Shields. A well-kept secret since his exceptional debut recording in 1993, Portrait (named Album of the Year by Living Blues magazine), Shields is bound to break through to the vastly larger audience he deserves with the richly textured sounds and seductions of his latest effort, Midnight Delight. As varied in his styles as his late mentor, Frank Frost, he offers up dark danceable blues (like "I'm Bad" and "What Am I Gonna Do with All These Women?"), engaging soul ("Midnight Delight," "Woman, I Want to Talk to You"), and irresistible radio-ready fare ("Flowers in the Rain," "Long, Lonesome Road"). On this recording, Shields showcases a level of musicianship and songwriting lyricism rarely attained by peers of far greater renown".

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”