FileCat premium

Yuri Storioni, Jorge Rossy, Dominik Schürmann - This Time the Dream's on Us (2021) [Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Yuri Storioni, Jorge Rossy, Dominik Schürmann - This Time the Dream's on Us (2021) [Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 14 Apr 2021, 17:28

Artist: Yuri Storioni, Jorge Rossy, Dominik Schürmann
Album: This Time the Dream's on Us
Genre: Mainstream Jazz
Label: TCB The Montreux Jazz Label
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Father and Son
  2. Violeta
  3. Happy Hour
  4. Ms. G. R.
  5. One for Doris
  6. This Time the Dream's on Me
  7. Sambâle
  8. Ruby My Dear
  9. Viva Bud Powell!
  10. Iberica
  11. Lonely Owl
  12. Holding Line

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

"This Time the Dream's on Me" is the name of Harold Arlen's 1941 song, which made it into the charts twice in the same year with none other than Glenn Miller and Woody Herman. It was composed for the film "Blues in the Night" with lyrics written by the famous singer and songwriter Johnny Mercer. and has been covered by many great artists over the years. Now we have a technically stupendous pianist, a classic jazz trio and an album title referring to the Great American Songbook.

Pianist Yuri Storione excels in this endeavour by teaming up with two experienced musicians: the deliberate, steady and precise bassist Dominik Schurmann, and one of the world's best drummers, Jorge Rossy. The balance between the players is already expressed in the trio's name. Apart from the Arlen tune, another milestone in jazz history, Thelonious Monk's "Ruby My Dear" is the only other work from the Great American Songbook. The remaining ten compositions are Storione's and Schurmann's own creations consistently melodic and, in their creative interplay brilliantly accented music all of which reward the attentive listener with music that avoids all superficial gimmickry.

The bass is strikingly elegant: Dominik Schurmann is a team player who, from soulful ballads to up-tempo tunes, maintains a clear, reliable beat and a gentle touch. He creates stirring melodic lines that contrast with the piano, and short solos that are as honest as they are clean and inspired. Jorge Rossy's contribution is an amazingly responsive, imaginative and sensitive drumming: it orders and underlines, decisively shapes, and in a restrained but effective manner accompanies his partners' solistic excursions. This, like his entire presence here, is truly invaluable.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”