FileCat premium

Marieke Koopman - Chapter One (2021) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Marieke Koopman - Chapter One (2021) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 15 May 2021, 15:17

Artist: Marieke Koopman
Album: Chapter One
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Challenge Records
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Just One of Those Things
  2. The More I See You
  3. Looking for a Boy
  4. Someone to Watch over Me
  5. Let's Face the Music and Dance
  6. Everything I've Got Belongs to You
  7. Stardust
  8. I Get a Kick out of You
  9. But Not for Me
  10. Get out of Town
  11. Taking a Chance on Love
  12. Things Are Looking Up
  13. It Had to Be You
  14. With a Song in My Heart

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Jazz singer Marieke Koopman performs standards from the 1930s and 1940s. In the fall of 2019 Marieke embarked on an exciting new project. After performing for many years, she wanted to take a big new step into the music. She decided it was time to record her own cd. After finding a label and producer Marieke was energized to finally fulfill her dream. In choosing her repertoire, she was again reminded of why she decided to go into music: her love of stories, rhythm, and emotion in every style of music. She wanted to combine her roots in classical music with her own style and love of Jazz. She was reminded of a story from her grandfather being a very enthusiastic jazz drummer in the Swing-era. She finally understood her roots and especially in jazz from the early 30's until the late 40's. The theme of her debut cd was born.

Now she could finally work on her own sound. She chose jazz-standards (some known, others not so known) which had strong lyrics or were little gems melody wise and mixed them with her own style. Never being afraid of opinions or stepping out of the box, Marieke loves to transform songs and has found a way of communicating her emotions through playful rhythmic and melodic interpretations, improvisations, as well as her use of lyrical timing.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”