FileCat premium

Jawanza Kobie - Jazz Composer (2021) [Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz, Jazz-Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Jawanza Kobie - Jazz Composer (2021) [Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz, Jazz-Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 24 May 2021, 19:36

Artist: Jawanza Kobie
Album: Jazz Composer
Genre: Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz, Jazz-Funk
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Contagious (4:19)
  2. Caillou's Buddy (6:08)
  3. My Little Child (5:58)
  4. You Wasted Your Love on Me (4:32)
  5. My Enduring Love (5:51)
  6. Compliments & Shoes (4:47)
  7. Fats (4:39)
  8. After the Show (3:00)
  9. Mr. B.P (3:39)
  10. Let Me Lead (5:37)
  11. Billy (7:59)
  12. Ice Cream Girl (4:54)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Jawanza Kobie Jazz Composer continues along the lines of its predecessor, sleek contemporary jazz full of funky grooves, hummable melodies, and pop songcraft redolent of Steely Dan or Grover Washington Jr.

As with all of his work, Kobie wrote the music with a strong emphasis on accessibility. “My idol, Quincy Jones, said, ‘If you can’t whistle it, it ain’t worth a [damn].’ So I try to make melodies that you can whistle, that you can instantly memorize.”

Kobie’s own introduction to jazz had come via artists with a similar attitude. He was hooked on the music the day his father brought home a copy of Oscar Peterson’s rollicking Night Train and later worshipped pianist Ramsey Lewis, who scored crossover hits with pop tunes like “The In Crowd” and “Hang On Sloopy.”

Like them, Kobie surrounds himself with top-notch players. Jazz Composer features many of Philly’s most respected musicians, including bassists Lee Smith and Mike Boone, drummers Webb Thomas and Harry “Butch” Reed, trumpeter Leon Jordan Jr. and guitarist Anthony DeCarlo.
On two tracks, he reunites with some of the musicians who’d played in his short-lived big band at Berklee, including saxophonist and former Jazz Messenger Bill Pierce.

The pandemic has been difficult for many musicians, but Kobie has embraced the opportunity to focus on composing even more new music. “This is what I like to do,” he said. “It’s good for someone who likes to be in his own company. I would love people to hear this music, but regardless of who hears it, I’m going to keep writing.”

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”