FileCat premium

Ray Gallon - Make Your Move (2021) [Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Ray Gallon - Make Your Move (2021) [Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 26 May 2021, 16:30

Artist: Ray Gallon
Album: Make Your Move
Genre: Post-Bop
Label: Cellar Live
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Kitty Paws (5:09)
  2. Out of Whack (5:29)
  3. Craw Daddy (6:08)
  4. Harm's Way (4:56)
  5. Back to the Wall (5:22)
  6. I Don’t Stand A Ghost Of A Chance (5:21)
  7. That's the Question (5:31)
  8. Hanks a Lot (4:37)
  9. Yesterdays (5:00)
  10. Plus One (4:05)
  11. Make Your Move (6:17)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Ray Gallon's impressive CV does not indicate an artist of the tradition, or from the tradition, but rather an artist who embodies the tradition, one who is a modern-day, current, active jazz artist of the highest order. It includes appearances and recordings with the likes of Ron Carter, Lionel Hampton, Art Farmer, T.S. Monk, Dizzy Gillespie, Milt Jackson, Harry Sweets Edison, Wycliffe Gordon, Les Paul, Benny Golson, Frank Wess, Lew Tabackin George Adams, and The Mingus Big Band. Gallon has also been called upon to accompany many vocal greats (often indicative of a pianist's elevated musicianship), including Jon Hendricks, Sheila Jordan, Grady Tate, Nnenna Freelon, Gloria Lynne, Dakota Staton, Joe Williams, Chaka Khan, Jane Monheit and others. So, the looming question is, why now? What took Gallon so long to unleash his debut? I needed to feel ready - that I had something special to offer, with a personal identity and a refined concept in terms of my playing, repertoire, and overall trio conception, all while being steeped in the classic tradition of swing and blues. What struck me most when I was coming up, spending countless nights at the Village Vanguard, Sweet Basil, and Bradley's, seeing/hearing Hank Jones, Tommy Flanagan, Cedar Walton, Kenny Barron, Ahmad Jamal, Bill Evans, Jimmy Rowles, Steve Kuhn (and many other masters), was how they each sounded uniquely original while remaining grounded in the tradition. These values were also instilled in me by my teachers, John Lewis, Jaki Byard and Hank Jones - who all stressed the importance of 'finding your own voice', explains Gallon.

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”