FileCat premium

Michael Bloomfield - From His Head To His Heart To His Hands (2014) [Modern Electric Blues]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Michael Bloomfield - From His Head To His Heart To His Hands (2014) [Modern Electric Blues]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 15 Jun 2021, 19:12

Artist: Michael Bloomfield
Album: From His Head To His Heart To His Hands
Genre: Modern Electric Blues
Label: Columbia / Legacy
Released: 2014
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1 - Roots:
  1. I'm a Country Boy
  2. Judge, Judge
  3. Hammond's Rag
  4. I've Got You in the Palm of My Hand
  5. I've Got My Mojo Workin'
  6. Like a Rolling Stone (Instrumental) - performed by Bob Dylan
  7. Tombstone Blues (Alternate Chambers Brothers Version) - performed by Bob Dylan
  8. Michael Speaks About Paul Butterfield
  9. Born in Chicago - performed by The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
  10. Blues with a Feeling - performed by The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
  11. East-West- performed by The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
  12. Killing Floor- performed by The Electric Flag
  13. Texas- performed by The Electric Flag
  14. Susie's Shuffle (Live Jam) - performed by The Electric Flag
  15. Just a Little Something (Live)- performed by The Electric Flag
  16. Easy Rider- performed by The Electric Flag

CD 2 - Jams:
  1. Albert's Shuffle
  2. Stop
  3. His Holy Modal Majesty
  4. Opening Speech (Live)
  5. 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy) (Live) Hybrid Edit
  6. Don't Throw Your Love on Me So Strong (Live)
  7. Santana Clause (Live)
  8. The Weight (Live)
  9. Opening Speech (Live)
  10. One Way Out (Live)
  11. Her Holy Modal Highness (Live)
  12. Fat Grey Cloud (Live)
  13. Mary Ann (Live)
  14. That's All Right (Live)

CD 3 - Last Licks:
  1. I'm Glad I m Jewish (Live)
  2. Men's Room - Spoken Word Segment from McCabe's (Live)
  3. Don't You Lie to Me (Live)
  4. Can't Lose What You Ain't Never Had (Live) - performed by Muddy Waters
  5. Gypsy Good Time (Live)
  6. One Good Man- performed by Janis Joplin
  7. It's About Time (Live)
  8. Carmelita Skiffle (Live)
  9. Darktown Strutters Ball (Live)
  10. Don t Think About It Baby
  11. Jockey Blues/Old Folks Boogie (Live)
  12. A-Flat Boogaloo (Live)
  13. Glamour Girl (Live)
  14. Spoken Intro - Bob Dylan (Live)
  15. The Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar (Live) - performed by Bob Dylan
  16. Hymn Time (Live Excerpt)
  17. They Just Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

From His Head to His Heart to His Hands, the 3CD/1DVD anthology features released and unreleased gems from solo sessions to live performances from The Fillmore East and Fillmore West, The Bottom Line and other historic venues. This compilation also will feature a fascinating new mini-documentary combining vintage audio interviews with Bloomfield and live performances with new reflections from his friends, collaborators and admirers.

Guitarist Mike Bloomfield never fully got his due as one of the go-to sidemen of his generation or for his importance as a common thread in the patchwork of genres that changed the face of rock and roll in the 1960s and 1970s - until now. Bloomfield's incredible career will be chronicled in From His Head to His Heart to His Hands.

Raised on the North Side of Chicago, Bloomfield's guitar prowess was immediately obvious; emulating the architects of the genre and fusing their style to the more experimental strains of 1960s pop and rock. Legendary A&R man John Hammond saw the same sort of raw talent in him that he saw in some of his greatest discoveries, from Bob Dylan to Bruce Springsteen, and would sign Bloomfield to Columbia Records. Bloomfield would make history for the label as a session guitarist for Dylan's iconic Highway 61 Revisited in 1965, featuring the incendiary "Like a Rolling Stone."

Bloomfield was an original member of The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, contributing to their 1965 self-titled debut and follow-up East-West (1966); the latter album s title track, co-written by Bloomfield, is regarded as a high watermark in rock history, combining elements of blues, jazz, psychedelia and Eastern musical concepts in equal measure. From there, Bloomfield founded the famed "American Music Band" The Electric Flag, and fronted it into 1968. Also in 1968, Mike partook in the recording of Moby Grape's Grape Jam and the platinum-selling Super Session LP, a collaboration with fellow session legend Al Kooper.

Bloomfield died at the too-young age of 37; only afterward did his reputation solidify as a building block of the 1960s' popular music evolution, his peerless guitar work one of the few common threads in a decade of musical change.

At long last, Bloomfield will truly get his due with From His Head to His Heart to His Hands.

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”