FileCat premium

Average White Band - Person to Person (1976/2009) [Funk, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Average White Band - Person to Person (1976/2009) [Funk, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 26 Jun 2021, 20:37

Artist: Average White Band
Album: Person to Person
Genre: Funk, Soul
Label: Vex/Demon Music Group Ltd.
Released: 1976/2009
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Person to Person
  2. Cut the Cake
  3. If I Ever Lose This Heaven
  4. Cloudy
  5. T.L.C.
  6. I'm the One
  7. Pick up the Pieces
  8. Love Your Life
  9. School Boy Crush
  10. I Heard It Through the Grapevine
  11. Walk Tall
  12. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Scotland's Average White Band was in a celebratory mood on its third major-label release, the live double-album Person to Person. Following the crossover success of the band's self-titled debut and subsequent Cut the Cake, Person to Person presented the six-piece R&B/funk act stretching out on most of its hits. Lead vocalists Alan Gorrie and Hamish Stuart switch between guitar and bass chores throughout, and drive the opening title track and "Cut the Cake." The ballads "If I Ever Lose This Heaven" and "Cloudy" provide nice changes of pace; rhythm guitarist Onnie McIntyre and drummer Steve Ferrone shine on lesser-known gems like "I'm the One" and "Love Your Life." But the real prize of this collection is an 18-minute version of the Average White Band's biggest hit, the instrumental "Pick Up the Pieces." After the expected solos from the studio version by saxophonists Roger Ball and Malcolm "Molly" Duncan, McIntyre, Stuart, Gorrie, and Ferrone take extended leads in this masterpiece of editing the track actually features different versions from four concert halls, all spliced together so that each musician could have the solo of his choice represented. A few walk-through versions ("T.L.C.," "School Boy Crush," and the Marvin Gaye hit "Heard It Through the Grapevine") away from being a classic, Person to Person still shows what a great live act this underrated band was in its heyday.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”