FileCat premium

Tal Farlow - Three Classic Albums Plus (2013) [Bop, Cool]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Tal Farlow - Three Classic Albums Plus (2013) [Bop, Cool]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 21 Jul 2021, 06:43

Artist: Tal Farlow
Album: Three Classic Albums Plus
Genre: Bop, Cool
Label: Avid Jazz
Released: 2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
    Autumn in New York (1954)
  1. I Like to Recognise the Tune (3:14)
  2. Strike Up the Band (3:30)
  3. Autumn in New York (5:07)
  4. And She Remembers Me (4:26)
  5. Little Girl Blue (3:26)
  6. Have You Met Miss Jones? (5:00)
  7. Tal's Blues (5:14)
  8. Cherokee (4:55)
    The Swinging Guitar of Tal Farlow (1956)
  9. Taking a Chance on Love (4:46)
  10. Yardbird Suite (5:20)
  11. You Stepped Out of a Dream (5:43)
  12. They Can't Take That Away from Me (5:46)
  13. Anything Goes (5:11)
  14. Like Someone in Love (6:42)
  15. Meteor (6:40)
  16. Chuckles (4:58)

CD 2:
    The Swinging Guitar of Tal Farlow (1956) (continued)
  1. I Love You (5:36)
  2. You Don't Know What Love Is (4:24)
    This Is Tal Farlow (1958)
  3. Lean on Me (4:14)
  4. Wonder Why (4:55)
  5. Night and Day (4:24)
  6. Stella by Starlight (3:36)
  7. The More I See You (4:53)
  8. All the Things You Are (4:26)
  9. How Long Has This Been Going On (4:16)
  10. Topsy (3:41)
    Tal Farlow Plays the Music of Harold Arlen (1959)
  11. Blues in the Night (6:51)
  12. Hit the Road to Dreamland (4:59)
  13. For Every Man There's a Woman (4:26)
  14. As Long as I Live (6:35)
  15. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (3:09)
  16. Petticoat High (4:42)
  17. One Step - Two Step (3:12)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

AVID Jazz here presents three classic Tal Farlow albums plus including original LP liner notes on a finely re-mastered and low priced double CD.
“Autumn In New York”, “The Swinging Guitar of Tal Farlow”, “This Is Tal Farlow” and 7 out of 8 tracks from Tal Farlow Plays The Music Of Harold Arlen”.

From 1954 “Autumn In New York” features Tal on guitar with Gerry Wiggins on piano, Ray Brown on bass and Chico Hamilton on drums. Largely self- taught, Tal Farlow came up through the ranks with a reputation for speed! Inspired by the playing of Charlie Christian in the Goodman band, Farlow would go on to combine this unique speed with technique and become one of the great jazz guitar players of the era. On this set, apart from “Cherokee” taken at break neck speed, the rest is of a more restrained nature! “The Swinging Guitar of Tal Farlow” from 1956 features the trio of Farlow, up and coming pianist Eddie Costa on piano and the as yet unknown Vinnie Burke on bass. The trio played to unanimous praise in New York as attested to by critic Nat Hentoff in the original liner notes …………”one of the most gratifying trios to play New York in the past three years…………..continually inventive interplay……………….Farlow, ideas wise is like a swinging waterfall with a rare reserve resourcefulness of fresh conception”……………Nice! 1958’s “This Is Tal Farlow” features Eddie Costa again on piano with Nabil Totah on bass and Jimmy Campbell on drums. The quartet forms a fine cohesive unit with Farlow and Costa making a solid and complimentary first line with Totah and Campbell ably supporting back up! For our final selection Tal journeys across the three phases of composer Harold Arlen’s illustrious career for “Tal Farlow Plays The Music Of Harold Arlen”. Firstly, Arlen as the night club composer writing revues for the Cotton Club, secondly as the great Broadway writer and thirdly and perhaps inevitably, as the Hollywood film composer. Joining Tal as the principal soloist is Frank Weiss on tenor sax!

All three albums plus have been digitally re-mastered.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”