FileCat premium

The Ebonys - The Ebonys (1973/2005) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

The Ebonys - The Ebonys (1973/2005) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 23 Jul 2021, 08:54

Artist: The Ebonys
Album: The Ebonys
Genre: Soul, Funk
Label: Philadelphia International Records/Sony Music Direct (Japan)
Released: 1973/2005
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Hook Up and Get Down (3:24)
  2. It's Forever (7:18)
  3. Life in the Country (6:15)
  4. Sexy Ways (3:05)
  5. I'm So Glad I'm Me (3:01)
  6. I'll Try (6:11)
  7. Nation Time (4:57)
  8. I Believe (4:30)
  9. You're the Reason Why (3:03)
  10. Do You Like the Way I Love (3:05)
  11. Determination (Single Version) (2:18)
  12. Do It (Mono Version) (2:50)
  13. It's Forever (Single Version) (4:30)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Even though their vocal ability was as good as many, if not supreme, this Camden, NJ-based vocal quartet did not threaten the chart action of any of their competitors. This album is, however, home to the Ebonys' most popular single, "It's Forever." With its serene intro, the foursome harmonize their way to the verse where the lead vocals, both baritone and falsetto, bring enhancing deliveries to an already outstanding track. The single peaked at number 14 on the R&B charts after 13 weeks. The second single was "I Believe." Originally a pop hit for Frankie Laine in 1953, the Ebonys' version retains some of that pop texture. However, the group's vocal explosiveness leaves a lasting R&B impression. After 13 weeks, the song reached number 34 on the charts. "Life in the Country" was the third single -- a moderately paced ballad reminiscent of early Stylistics, who were emerging around the same time this album was released. While this album is balanced with moderate grooves, the aforementioned ballads, and the unreleased "I'll Try," stand out. The production work of Kenneth Gamble, Leon Huff and their colleagues is outstanding.
Review by Craig Lytle

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”