FileCat premium

Pat Johnson - Come On In My Kitchen (2021) [Acoustic Blues, Country]; FLAC (tracks)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Pat Johnson - Come On In My Kitchen (2021) [Acoustic Blues, Country]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 29 Sep 2021, 08:28

Artist: Pat Johnson
Album: Come On In My Kitchen
Genre: Acoustic Blues, Country
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Shake That Thing / Trouble In Mind (4:24)
  2. M & O Blues (3:55)
  3. The Right Girl (5:36)
  4. Come On In My Kitchen (4:44)
  5. Fishin' Blues (3:39)
  6. Freight Train (4:27)
  7. Milwaukee Blues (4:14)
  8. Love, Truth And Confidence (3:13)
  9. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (6:09)
  10. Make Me A Pallet (3:33)
  11. Midnight Waltz (2:43)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Pat Johnson - Guitars & Vocal
  • Billy MacInnis - Fiddle
  • Maurice Roulette - Harmonica

I’ve really been enjoying the Pat Johnson record, Come On In My Kitchen. As the title suggests it’s an invitation into Pat’s world. He’s got a gentle way of breathing new life into some classic blues tunes, he’s made them his own while remaining faithful to the energy behind the originals. That’s not an easy task but Pat’s got the touch.

It’s often been said that you can judge someone by the company they keep and with Billy MacInnis and Maurice Roulette in the mix …judge away. The first tune that struck me was the Robert Johnson cover, and title track, Come on in My Kitchen, it feels raw around the edges and that’s what gives it life and in this performance he nails the mood. The recording itself is clear but homey- it really feels like it was recorded in a kitchen. I can smell the cornbread cooling on the counter.

Pat Johnson has played guitar and taught near his home in southern Ontario for a couple of decades now. I suspect his playing and his voice will age well, just like the blues players of the past – his idols. With that in mind I’m eager to hear what he does next.
by Doyle Dean

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”