Artist: Swing Republic
Album: The Best of Swing Republic
Genre: Electro Swing / Nu Jazz
Label: Freshly Squeezed Music
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Sing It Back [00:03:31]
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Back in Time [00:03:18]
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Long Legs [00:03:05]
- Swing Republic - Peas and Rice [00:03:15]
- Swing Republic, The Boswell Sisters - Let Yourself Go [00:03:42]
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Crazy in Love (Electro Swing Version) [00:03:54]
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Fall [00:03:18]
- Swing Republic, Gene Krupa - Drum Boogie [00:03:28]
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Musicians [00:03:33]
- Swing Republic - Don't You Make Me High [00:04:27]
- Swing Republic, The Mills Brothers - Doin' the New Low-Down [00:04:54]
- Swing Republic, Billie Holiday - You Let Me Down [00:03:40]
- Swing Republic, The Boswell Sisters - (We've Got To) Put That Sun Back in the Sky [00:04:39]
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Here We Go [00:03:37]
- Swing Republic - Scrub Me Mama with a Boogie Beat [00:03:23]
- Swing Republic - On the Downbeat [00:03:36]
- Swing Republic, Karina Kappel - Mama [00:03:19]
DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>
Swing Republic (initially a side-project of successful Danish songwriter and producer, Per Ebdrup) are one of the original pioneers of the Electro Swing sound. Their first album Electro Swing Republic was released in 2011 when the genre was a barely-defined movement in club nights across Europe. It was one of the first full-length Electro Swing artist albums (as opposed to a compilation) and became an instant cult classic notching up silver disc status and achieving (to date) over 8 million Spotify streams.
The second album Midnight Calling (2013) saw the introduction of fellow Dane, jazz vocalist, Karina Kappel and took a more song-based approach to the genre steering away from the samples of the first album. It also included the swing cover of Crazy In Love (a much-imitated version of the Beyonce tune) that has since notched up over 6 million plays on Spotify alone, achieved even higher numbers on YouTube and inspired the version that appeared in the film The Great Gatsby.
Swing Republic continued this success with a string of singles and EP’s The Ballroom EP (2011), Crazy in Love Remixes (2012), The Return Of… (2014), a further album melding the style of both the first two albums Mo’ Electro Swing Republic – Let’s Misbehave (2015), and the recent EP’s Musicians (2017), Long Legs (2018) and Back In Time (2018).
This new Best Of compilation selects highlights from all of these including material that was until now available only on CD. The last eight years have seen Swing Republic produce music that strikes a resonant balance between contemporary electronic and vintage swing; and this has been key to their huge popularity. They remain one of the artists that has come to define the contemporary sound of swing.