FileCat premium

Seth Lee Jones - Flathead (2021) [Blues Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Blues Rock
Mike1985
Uploader

Seth Lee Jones - Flathead (2021) [Blues Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 01 Oct 2021, 08:43

Artist: Seth Lee Jones
Album: Flathead
Genre: Blues Rock
Label: Horton Records
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. I Can't Be Satisfied (4:23)
  2. Half A Mind (5:20)
  3. Driving Wheel (3:28)
  4. It Was Rainin' (5:00)
  5. Moving Me (Way To Fast) (4:24)
  6. Desire (3:15)
  7. You Gonna Wreck My Life (5:40)
  8. Tulsa Time (3:29)
  9. Mary Ann (3:58)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Seth Lee Jones –guitar / vocals
  • Matt Teegarden – drums
  • Bo Hallford – bass
  • Mike Satawake – guitar on “Mary Ann”

"What you hear on that record, it's what you're going to get live," says Seth Lee Jones of Flethead, a collection of nine rocking, road-tested blues covers out on Tulsa's Horton Records. Recorded at Teegarden Studios in under seven and a half hours, straight to tape with no edits or overdubs, the tracks crackle with energy. They're some of the band's personal favorites, finely honed over years of performances at a weekly residency at Tulsa's legendary venue, The Colony.

"We run a democratic ship in my band, and there's never any drama," Jones says of bandmates Bo Hallford (bass) and Matt Teegarden (drums). "lt was a team effort to pick those songs." While Flathead celebrates musicians as diverse as Muddy Waters and Roger Miller, the band puts its own spin on each tune. Jones brings his open tuning to the band's version of Muddy Waters "l Can't Be Satisfied," and his baritone guitar gives a sharp edge to "Moving Me (Way Too Fast),,, written by fabled Tulsa bluesman, the late Steve Pryor. Including Ray Charles' "Mary Ann" enabled Jones to pay tribute to one of his (and Pryor's) musical heroes and an opportunity to utilize the prodigious skills of guest guitarist Mike Satawake.

A third-generation guitar player and a skilled luthier, Jones was born into a musical family in Tulsa, moving to Los Angeles at the age of fifteen where he later studied classical and jazz at LA Valley College and graduated at the top of his class from Hollywood's Musicians lnstitute. Jones returned to his hometown in 2010 when the lure of affordable housing and an inspiring local music scene proved irresistible. While Jones spends the vast majority of his time building and restoring instruments at his company, SU Guitars, he regularly finds time to pursue his parallel passion as a guitarist, performing regularly with his own band, as well as with musician Jared Tyler and the band Saugeye. ln the past, he's played with roots country musician Jacob Tovar and the jazz-influenced Gogo plumbay.

Return to “Blues Rock (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”