FileCat premium

The Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine (2004) [Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

The Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine (2004) [Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 03 Oct 2021, 21:26

Artist: The Isley Brothers
Album: This Old Heart Of Mine
Genre: Soul
Label: Motown
Released: 2004
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Nowhere To Run
  2. Stop! In The Name Of Love
  3. This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)
  4. Take Some Time Out For Love
  5. I Guess I'll Always Love You
  6. Baby Don't You Do It
  7. Who Could Ever Doubt My Love
  8. Put Yourself In My Place
  9. I Hear A Symphony
  10. Just Ain't Enough Love
  11. There's No Love Left
  12. Seek And You Shall Find

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

A powerful set by the Isley Brothers, who tasted success with "Shout" and "Twist & Shout" before joining Motown. Brian Holland and Lamont Dozier produced the lion's share of tracks, and wrote most of them with the aid of Eddie Holland. An infectious "This Old Heart of Mine" took off -- its throbbing beat, memorable melody, and inspired vocals are as irresistible now as they were in 1966. The urgent "Take Some Time Out for Love," with its wailing vocals, made a little R&B noise; a creation of Robert Gordy and Thomas Kemp, it's one of two tracks not handled by Holland-Dozier-Holland. The other is the insightful, biblically titled "Seek and You Shall Find," done magnificently by Ron Isley, who sings the positive lyrics with understated fire. "I Guess I'll Always Love You" is a midtempo gem sung by Ron in his natural register, as he does all these songs; the sweet falsetto he used almost exclusively in the '80s and '90s is nowhere to be found. Isley versions of "Nowhere to Run," "Stop in the Name of Love," "Baby Don't You Do It," and "I Hear a Symphony" are comparable to, if not better than, the originals.
Andrew Hamilton

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”