FileCat premium

The Miracles - Best Of Smokey Robinson & The Miracles (1999) [Soul, Funk, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

The Miracles - Best Of Smokey Robinson & The Miracles (1999) [Soul, Funk, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 03 Oct 2021, 21:31

Artist: The Miracles
Album: 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best Of Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Genre: Soul, Funk, R&B
Label: Motown
Released: 1999
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. The Tears Of A Clown 3:03
  2. Shop Around 2:48
  3. The Tracks Of My Tears 3:00
  4. I Second That Emotion 2:40
  5. Mickey's Monkey 2:46
  6. You've Really Got A Hold On Me 2:56
  7. More Love 2:48
  8. Ooo Baby Baby 2:42
  9. Cruisin' 4:20
  10. Just To See Her 4:05
  11. Love Machine (Long Version) 6:53

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Like any record company worth their salt, MCA knows a good gimmick when they see it, and when the millennium came around, the 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection wasn't too far behind. Supposedly, the millennium is a momentous occasion, but it's hard to feel that way when it's used as another excuse to turn out a budget-line series. But apart from the presumptuous title, 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection turns out to be a very good budget-line series. True, it's impossible for any of these brief collections to be definitive, but they're nevertheless solid samplers that don't feature a bad song in the bunch. For example, take Smokey Robinson & the Miracles' 20th Century volume -- it's an irresistible budget-priced summary of their prime Motown recordings. There may be a couple of noteworthy songs missing, but many of their best-known songs are here, including "The Tracks of My Tears," "Ooo Baby Baby," "The Tears of a Clown" and "I Second That Emotion." Serious fans will want something more extensive, but this is an excellent introduction for neophytes and a great sampler for casual fans, considering its length and price. That doesn't erase the ridiculousness of the series title, but the silliness is excusable when the music and the collections are good.
Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”