FileCat premium

David Ruffin - 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of David Ruffin (2000) [Funky Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

David Ruffin - 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of David Ruffin (2000) [Funky Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Oct 2021, 05:50

Artist: David Ruffin
Album: 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of David Ruffin
Genre: Funky Soul
Label: Motown
Released: 2000
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me) 3:31
  2. I've Lost Everything I've Ever Loved 2:57
  3. I'm So Glad I Fell For You 4:24
  4. Each Day Is A Lifetime (Previously Unreleased LP Version) 3:19
  5. I Miss You-Pt. 1 3:50
  6. Common Man 3:11
  7. Walk Away From Love 3:20
  8. Statue Of A Fool 4:25
  9. Everything's Coming Up Love 4:57
  10. Heavy Love 4:54
  11. Just Let Me Hold You For A Night 4:02
  12. The Apollo Live!: The Way You Do The Things You Do/My Girl 4:39

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The late David Ruffin's solo career was spotty; after scoring out-the-box with "My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)" he hit a dry spell before detonating again with "Walk Away From Love." He never had a string of hits, or even a back-to-back-to-back run. Some of his best material went unnoticed on albums that didn't exactly draw buyers to Peaches or Coconuts in droves. These 12 songs chronicle Ruffin's "hits" and should satisfy those who want a bit of Ruffin sans the Tempts to accent their CD bins. But fans of the thin, bespectacled, troubled singer are left wanting, seemingly in vain, for that definitive David Ruffin collection. Highlights include the two big hits, his majestic "Just Let Me Hold You for a Night," and a live Temptations medley accompanied by Eddie Kendricks, Daryl Hall and John Oates recorded at the Apollo Theater.
Andrew Hamilton

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”