FileCat premium

Rachel Eckroth - The Garden (2021) [Jazz-Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Rachel Eckroth - The Garden (2021) [Jazz-Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 08 Oct 2021, 08:17

Artist: Rachel Eckroth
Album: The Garden
Genre: Jazz-Pop
Label: Rainy Days Records
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Dracaena (00:04:19)
  2. Under A Fig Tree (00:06:17)
  3. Low Hanging Fruit (00:04:43)
  4. Dried Up Roots (00:07:12)
  5. The Garden (00:05:16)
  6. Black Eyed Susan (00:04:08)
  7. Vines (00:05:03)
  8. Oil (00:06:10)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Rachel Eckroth - Piano, Voice, Yamaha CP70, Prophet 6, Mellotron
  • Tim Lefebvre - Electric Bass, Guitar
  • Christian Euman - Drums
  • Donny McCaslin - Tenor Saxophone
  • Andrew Krasilnikov - Soprano Saxophone
  • Nir Felder - Electric Guitar
  • Austin White - Modular Synth

Pianist, composer and singer Rachel Eckroth’s first release on Rainy Days Records unveils fresh sounds from her evolving artistry. Steeped in synth orchestration, The Garden reflects a nuanced exploration of sonic impulses and inquiries alongside Eckroth’s signature layered compositions and glimmers of trance-inducing vocals. With contributions from acclaimed guitarist Nir Felder, saxophonists Donny McCaslin and Andrew Krasilnikov and modular synth master Austin White, and a core band featuring bassist Tim Lefebvre and drummer Christian Euman, The Garden emerged conceptually while Eckroth was writing new music during the pandemic. “Everything on the album has a different feel to it — different colors and textures,” says the West Coast artist. “It felt like a garden. So we just rolled with it.”

Eckroth revels in new experiences across rich, diverse musical settings. The multifaceted artist continually refines her expression, frequently collaborating as a featured guest with creative visionaries who have included Rufus Wainwright, St. Vincent, KT Tunstall, Donny McCaslin, Tia Fuller and Chris Botti. But composing during the pandemic afforded Eckroth and partner Lefebvre unique opportunities to compose and perform together. From their home in Arizona, they dug in to each other’s expressions and began developing a duo sound. “Especially during Covid, we were making music pretty much every day together,” says Eckroth. When Eugene Petruhanskiy greenlit a possible release from Eckroth for Rainy Days, she and Lefebvre considered what they might create around a synth-forward recording. The textural-minded musicians began soundscaping across familiar territory and new domains. Almost immediately, the Prophet 6 emerged as a key element for record’s sound. “It ends up on a lot of my live gigs,” says Eckroth. “I’ve used it on all the tours I’ve played with other people. I’m a pianist, but the record doesn’t have a lot of piano. The Yamaha CP 70 served the ‘meat’ of some of the songs. And the Korg minilogue is an instrument I use really well for some reason; it’s very intuitive.

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”