FileCat premium

Michel Legrand - Lost in Music - Be Near Me (2021) [Mainstream Jazz, Big Band]; FLAC (tracks)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Michel Legrand - Lost in Music - Be Near Me (2021) [Mainstream Jazz, Big Band]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 10 Oct 2021, 05:52

Artist: Michel Legrand
Album: Lost in Music - Be Near Me
Genre: Mainstream Jazz, Big Band
Label: nagel heyer records
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. This Can't Be Love
  2. Have You Met Miss Jones
  3. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
  4. The Lady Is a Tramp
  5. Yesterdays
  6. People Will Say We're in Love
  7. There's a Small Hotel
  8. Stompin' at the Savoy
  9. Getting to Know You
  10. Blue and Sentimental
  11. A Wonderful Guy
  12. Some Enchanted Evening
  13. Round Midnight
  14. With a Little Bit of Luck
  15. Falling in Love with Love
  16. Summertime
  17. Jitterbug Waltz
  18. It Might as Well Be Spring
  19. My Funny Valentine
  20. A Night in Tunisia
  21. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
  22. In a Mist
  23. Nuages
  24. Old Devil Moon

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

One of the most acclaimed film composers of his generation, Michel Legrand was also a sophisticated jazz pianist and songwriter whose lyrical sound evoked the romance, style, and cool élan of Paris. A classical piano prodigy, Legrand emerged in the 1950s with a series of successful mood albums that led to his landmark 1958 recording Legrand Jazz with Miles Davis, Ben Webster, Bill Evans, and others. He quickly moved into film composing, his swinging arrangements helping to define the sound of the French New Wave on films like Jean-Luc Godard's My Life to Live and Agnes Varda's Cleo from 5 to 7. He also enjoyed a long creative partnership with director Jacques Demy that started with his innovative musical The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. Embraced by Hollywood, Legrand collaborated regularly with songwriters Marilyn & Alan Bergman, winning Academy Awards for their work on such iconic films as 1968's The Thomas Crown Affair and 1983's Yentl. Along with his storied soundtracks, Legrand continued to record his own albums, like his 1968 trio album At Shelly's Manne-Hole, as well as larger productions with artists like Sarah Vaughan, Stan Getz, Stephane Grappelli, and Natalie Dessay, among others. In 2017, he returned to his classical roots with Michel Legrand: Concerto pour piano; Concerto pour violoncelle, and in 2018 he scored director Peter Bogdanovich's completed version of Orson Welles' film The Other Side of the Wind. It was his last major work; he died in early 2019 after being hospitalized with a pulmonary infection.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”