FileCat premium

Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five - Hummin' to Myself (2021) [BIg Band, Swing]; FLAC (tracks)

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five - Hummin' to Myself (2021) [BIg Band, Swing]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 14 Oct 2021, 14:29

Artist: Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five
Album: Hummin' to Myself
Genre: BIg Band, Swing
Released: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Sentimental Gentleman from Georgia (2:09)
  2. Manhattan (2:59)
  3. Hummin' to Myself (3:20)
  4. Riding with Paul (2:39)
  5. Betcha I Getcha (3:12)
  6. Bouncin' with Bumpus (2:42)
  7. Sing You Sinners (2:39)
  8. What Goes Up Must Go Down (2:45)
  9. Paging Dr. Reuss (3:38)
  10. Russian Lullaby (2:48)
  11. I Would Do Anything for You (2:08)
  12. Trick or Treat (3:59)
  13. Arkansas (2:50)
  14. Mobtown All Out (3:15)
  15. Goodnight My Love (2:57)
  16. Did You Mean It? (2:52)
  17. Doggin' Around (3:09)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This album was recorded in person, over two days in November 2020, and it represents the only time the seven of us made music together in 15 months of lockdown. But rather than mourning that fact, I’m really just amazed we managed to make it happen at all.

Like a lot of musicians I know, I tried to make the best of finding myself with “all the time in the world”, so to speak, and invest time into my craft, especially at first. I went through periods of focus and creativity, writing new tunes and practicing furiously, but usually fell back into being unmotivated or too overwhelmed.

It seemed audacious, but by September, it became clear that it would be reasonably safe to come together to record in person, provided testing and masking protocols, and a really big room. We chose historic Studio 1 at EastWest Studios, and booked dates in November. Planning the album helped provide a sense of purpose that I had been lacking. While those spurts of creativity may not have been consistent or sustainable, they did result in writing four new tunes that made their way on to this album.

During the sessions, it felt revelatory to make music again. At times, I closed my eyes and tried to savor the feeling, because I knew it wouldn’t last. It was lucky that we got those sessions in while we could, because immediately afterward, conditions here quickly degraded to their worst points of the pandemic.

Since those darkest winter days, the Spring and Summer have returned hope here in Los Angeles, if incrementally and haltingly. Vaccines have made it possible for many of us to finally hug our family and friends again, and start planning again for the future, even while we acknowledge that many of our friends around the world haven’t yet had the opportunity to get vaccinated.

Until we meet again, I’m proud to offer this album of Swing music improbably made in the middle of a Pandemic. While it may have been the only time the seven of us made music together in all those months of isolation, I’m immensely grateful we had the opportunity at all, and that we can share the result with you all.
- Jonathan Stout

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”