FileCat premium

Jermaine Jackson - You Said (Expanded Edition) (1991/2021) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Jermaine Jackson - You Said (Expanded Edition) (1991/2021) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 29 Oct 2021, 15:46

Artist: Jermaine Jackson
Album: You Said (Expanded Edition)
Genre: Funk, Soul, R&B
Label: RCA Records
Released: 1991/2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. You Said, You Said
  2. Rebel (With A Cause)
  3. I Dream, I Dream (Prelude)
  4. I Dream, I Dream
  5. We're Making Whoopee
  6. Treat You Right (feat. Babyface)
  7. Word to the Badd! (Prelude)
  8. Word to the Badd!! (Original Version)
  9. A Lovers Holiday
  10. Secrets
  11. True Lovers
  12. Don't You Deserve Someone
  13. Word to the Badd!!
  14. You Said, You Said (Extended Remix)
  15. I Dream, I Dream (Remix Extended Version)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Jermaine Jackson's sole LaFace release, You Said, is most known for the controversy (or hype) surrounding the supposed lyrical attack on his brother Michael on the album's second single, "Word to the Badd." But taken on its own merit, You Said was one of Jackson's better post-Motown albums. Produced by the LaFace family L.A. Reid & Babyface, Kayo, and Darryl Simmons the credits also listed longtime Jackson collaborator John Barnes (Rebbie Jackson's gold single "Centipede," Janet Jackson's "You Don't Stand Another Chance," and the Jacksons' "Torture" and "Body"). Like Janet declared her independence on "Control," Jermaine does so on "Rebel (With a Cause)" while Living Colour guitarist Vernon Reid supplies burning power chords and lighting fast solos. "I Dream, I Dream" sounds a lot like the original version of Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step I Take." "A Lovers Holiday" and "Treat You Right" (with vocals by Babyface) are done in the style of "Tender Lover." The ballad "True Lovers" softly lurches along like "Whip Appeal." Opening with swirling harps, "Don't You Deserve Someone" comes closest in fire and spirit to his emotive, classic ballads (the Jackson 5's "I Found That Girl," his own "My Touch of Madness" from My Name Is Jermaine). Though at times, You Said sounds derivative of LA Reid & Babyface's previous productions, it's a joy to hear Jermaine's vocals upfront, unlike many of his post-Motown albums where they were buried under a mountain of production and effects.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”