FileCat premium

Tavares - Madam Butterfly (1979/2010) [Soul, Disco, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Tavares - Madam Butterfly (1979/2010) [Soul, Disco, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 24 Nov 2021, 16:15

Artist: Tavares
Album: Madam Butterfly
Genre: Soul, Disco, Funk
Label: Capitol Records
Released: 1979/2010
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Straight From Your Heart
  2. Games, Games
  3. Madame Butterfly
  4. Let Me Heal The Bruises
  5. Never Had A Love Like This Before
  6. One Telephone Call Away
  7. My Love Calls
  8. Positive Forces
  9. I'm Back For More

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Pop fans who associate Tavares with "Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel" and the Bee Gees' "More Than a Woman" tend to think of it as a disco group. But Tavares' roots were Northern soul, and it was a classic Northern soul approach that first sent the Bostonians to the top of the R&B charts, not until Tavares' fourth album, Sky High!, did the quintet start to acquire a reputation as a disco act. With 1979's Madame Butterfly, Tavares seemed to be going out of its way to live down its disco reputation. The material is straight-up Northern soul, and nothing on this hell bent for R&B album is as disco-minded as "Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel" or "More Than a Woman." If you notice that much of Madame Butterfly is very Philadelphia-sounding, it's no coincidence, this excellent LP was produced by Bobby Martin, a Philadelphian who was highly regarded in Philly soul circles. Anyone who has spent hours and hours listening to the O'Jays, Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, and the Intruders should have no problem getting into solid offerings like "My Love Calls," "Straight from the Heart," and the major hit "Never Had a Love Like This Before." If, in 1979, you were hoping to hear Tavares performing a lot of disco, you were bound to find Madame Butterfly disappointing. But those who wanted Tavares to stick to pure, unadulterated northern soul agreed that working with Martin was a very wise move.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”