FileCat premium

Loose Ends - Look How Long (1990) [Funk, Contemporary R&B, Breaks]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Loose Ends - Look How Long (1990) [Funk, Contemporary R&B, Breaks]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 15 Dec 2021, 15:59

Artist: Loose Ends
Album: Look How Long
Genre: Funk, Contemporary R&B, Breaks
Label: Virgin Catalogue
Released: 1990
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Don't Be A Fool
  2. Don't You Ever (Try To Change Me)
  3. Love's Got Me
  4. Try My Love
  5. Time Is Ticking
  6. Look How Long
  7. Cheap Talk
  8. I Don't Need To Love
  9. Hold Tight
  10. Love Controversy Pt. 1
  11. Symptoms Of Love

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

One of the better urban soul groups you can find, Loose Ends, fronted by Carl McIntosh, concocts a rhythmic formula without the repetitious melodies. Through the utilization of technology, McIntosh maximizes the use of sampling, synthesizers, and drum programming on Look How Long. "Don't Be a Fool" was the debut release, peaking at number ten on the Billboard R&B charts. The two singles to follow, "Cheap Talk" and "Love's Got Me" peaked at numbers 28 and 76, respectively. The former of the two songs addresses the issue of negative rumors in a relationship, while the latter, with a more upbeat pulse, is a classic club track; the single is highlighted by a hyped bridge. There were no other releases from this collection, and that's unfortunate for songs like "I Don't Need to Love You." Written with similes and metaphors, McIntosh's hazy vocals put a stamp on this up-tempo new jack swing track. The mellow cuts, such as "Hold Tight," "Love Controversy, Pt.1," and the short take of "Symptoms of Love" are contemporary urban classics with their thick bass arrangements and the breezin' vocals of McIntosh and his female counterparts. The title track, "Look How Long," confronts former group members Jane Eugene and Steve Nichol's exit from the British trio. Look How Long is a good production.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”