FileCat premium

Con Funk Shun - Electric Lady (1985) [Soul, R&B, Funk, Disco]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Con Funk Shun - Electric Lady (1985) [Soul, R&B, Funk, Disco]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 04 Jan 2022, 12:45

Artist: Con Funk Shun
Album: Electric Lady
Genre: Soul, R&B, Funk, Disco
Label: Mercury Records
Released: 1985
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Turn The Music Up
  2. Rock It All Night
  3. I'm Leaving Baby
  4. Tell Me What You're Gonna Do
  5. Electric Lady
  6. Don't Go (I Want You Back)
  7. Circle Of Love
  8. Pretty Lady

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This was unlike any album Con Funk Shun had recorded to date. Not only did the group contribute minimal writing, but the only production credit was the uncharted single "Turn the Music Up." Intending to try something new without forsaking their appeal and sound, the group solicited various producers, even though group members Felton Pilate and Michael Cooper were credited as arrangers on a couple of selections. And after nearly a two-year absence from the R&B Top Ten, the group returned with the number four single "Electric Lady," with veteran producer Larry Smith at the helm. The synthesized single is basically a rap song, led by Michael Cooper's monotone vocals. During its time, it was one of the closest any R&B group had come to recording a rap song. The follow-up, "I'm Leaving Baby," was an urbanized ballad featuring Cooper's lead vocals. Electric Lady also spawned the number 47 single "Tell Me What You're Gonna Do." With its electronic synthesizer approach, the Felton Pilate-led single was also produced by Smith. This album is full of competent selections; any one of them, such as "Pretty Lady" and "Don't Go," would have been a wise choice as a release.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”