FileCat premium

Avenue Blue feat. Jeff Golub - Avenue Blue feat. Jeff Golub (1994) [Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Avenue Blue feat. Jeff Golub - Avenue Blue feat. Jeff Golub (1994) [Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 20 Jan 2022, 13:07

Artist: Avenue Blue feat. Jeff Golub
Album: Avenue Blue feat. Jeff Golub
Genre: Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz
Label: Bluemoon
Released: 1994
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Pick Up The Pieces (4:57)
  2. Stockholm Prelude (0:57)
  3. Stockholm (3:51)
  4. Gimme Some (4:23)
  5. That's The Way Of The World (4:43)
  6. West Side Serenade (4:20)
  7. Nightingale (5:46)
  8. I'll Be Around (4:58)
  9. Atlanta Nights (4:50)
  10. Just Goodbye (5:07)
  11. Lucy I'm Home (4:37)
  12. Moon River (3:27)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

It seems like ages since record companies had actual house producers, but Mesa-Bluemoon's Rick Braun seems to be gracing some of the label's most engaging projects these days. First came Willie & Lobo's worldbeat finesse, and now Avenue Blue featuring Jeff Golub, a snappy, fluid guitarist who takes the sharp lilt of Steve Laury into fascinatingly cool textures ranging from hip-hop to atmospheric new age with just enough jazz tradition infused to cross genres. It's a credit to Golub, in fact, that his wide palette of original compositions ring truer than do surefire soul covers like "Pick Up the Pieces" or "I'll Be Around." Braun (who adds his own trumpet flair) allows the sure-fisted Golub to be the star here, keeping the moods potent but slightly understated, even on the Tower of Power-like charts of the best cut, "Gimmie Some." The album's real charm lies in its shifting, unpredictable dynamics, as Golub attains out-there fusion textures just before softening to a Wes Montgomery-like solo pose on the soft-spoken strains of "Moon River." Definitely an auspicious debut.
Review by Jonathan Widran

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”