FileCat premium

James Brown - Get On The Good Foot (1972) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

James Brown - Get On The Good Foot (1972) [Funk, Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 24 Jan 2022, 14:00

Artist: James Brown
Album: Get On The Good Foot
Genre: Funk, Soul, R&B
Label: Universal Records
Released: 1972
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Get On The Good Foot (Pt.1 & 2)
  2. The Whole World Needs Liberation
  3. Your Love Was Good For Me
  4. Cold Sweat
  5. Recitation By Hank Ballard
  6. I Got A Bag Of My Own
  7. Nothing Beats A Try But A Fail
  8. Lost Someone
  9. Funky Side Of Town
  10. Please, Please
  11. Ain't It A Groove
  12. My Part / Make It Funky (Pt. 3 & 4)
  13. Dirty Harri
  14. I Know It's True

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In an era when Brown went on to make three studio doubles, Get on the Good Foot was the first. This 1972 album finds Brown having great chemistry with both his newer J.B.'s and the New York session players. The title track is particularly stunning. "Get on the Good Foot" was so off-the-cuff and nonpareil, he couldn't have replicated the formula even if he wanted to. "I Got a Bag of My Own," on the other hand, sounds forced and synthetic. Although Brown was known for his new product, this album has him recycling some of his King singles. Doing so-so remakes of "Cold Sweat" and "Ain't It a Groove" could be taken as an attempt to ease some of his old catalog into his new label. Not surprisingly, Get on the Good Foot does have its share of throwaway cuts. "Recitation by Hank Ballard" is a spoken-word effort with Ballard extolling his buddy's virtues, as well as giving unsolicited advice about the perils of show biz. "Dirty Harri," a lukewarm instrumental, goes nowhere fast for all of its six-plus minutes. Although Get on the Good Foot only managed to yield two hits, the album is one of his more varied and fun efforts.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”