FileCat premium

Pat Peterson - Do It Now (1982) [Soul-Jazz, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Pat Peterson - Do It Now (1982) [Soul-Jazz, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 01 Feb 2022, 12:22

Artist: Pat Peterson
Album: Do It Now
Genre: Soul-Jazz, Funk
Label: Enja Horst Weber
Released: 1982
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. I'm In Love With Love
  2. Without You
  3. Satisfied
  4. No Beginning No End
  5. Do It Now

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Recorded in 1982 and released as Introducing Pat Peterson, then issued on CD in 2004, pianist and singer Pat Peterson's debut as a leader was reissued in 2011. Those to whom her name is unfamiliar may be tempted to pick it up just for the sidemen, who include guitar legend John Scofield, tenor saxophonist David "Fathead" Newman, and drummer Billy Hart. Unfortunately and against all odds the album ends up disappointing. Peterson writes well, in a jazz-soul mode, and has a gorgeous voice. But when she really gets into it, her pitch gets unreliable; on the title track and "No Beginning No End" she goes especially flat on the high notes, and on "I'm in Love with Love" and "Without You" the grooves are strangely anemic. Her A-list sidemen ought to be able to help, but Scofield seems to be phoning it in (his solo on "I'm in Love with Love" is downright desultory and frankly sounds like someone else), and it's only Newman's soloing that generates real musical interest; he's especially brilliant on "I'm in Love with Love" and "Without You." The album's best track is a nicely rolling midtempo R&B number titled "Satisfied." Everything else falls rather flat.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”