FileCat premium

Marvin Gaye - You're The Man (2019) [R&B, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Marvin Gaye - You're The Man (2019) [R&B, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 18 Feb 2022, 14:49

Artist: Marvin Gaye
Album: You're The Man
Genre: R&B, Soul
Label: UNI/MOTOWN
Released: 2019
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. You're The Man (Pts. I & II / Single Version)
  2. The World Is Rated X (Alternate Mix)
  3. Piece Of Clay
  4. Where Are We Going? (Alternate Mix 2)
  5. I'm Gonna Give You Respect
  6. Try It, You'll Like It
  7. You Are That Special One
  8. We Can Make It Baby
  9. My Last Chance (SaLaAM ReMi Remix)
  10. Symphony (SalaAM ReMi LP Mix)
  11. I'd Give My Life For You (SalaAM ReMi LP Mix)
  12. Woman Of The World
  13. Christmas In The City
  14. You're The Man (Alternate Version)
  15. I Want To Come Home For Christmas
  16. I'm Going Home
  17. Checking Out (Double Clutch)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Putting the words “previously unreleased” next to the name Marvin Gaye has always had quite the effect. When the Deluxe Editions of What’s Going On, Let’s Get It On, Hear, My Dear and other albums were released, fans of the master of soul who died in 1984 got their money’s worth of alternative takes and previously unreleased recordings. This time, You’re the Man released in 2019 is a kind of Holy Grail of his music that has finally been unearthed. When he published What’s Going On in May 1971, Marvin Gaye completely transformed soul music and Motown as well as the history of popular music in general. This very mindful and deliberate masterpiece forced Berry Gordy, the label’s boss, to face the war in Vietnam, interracial tensions and the poverty in American cities. This was the first time that a Motown album was produced without Gordy’s total control and dealt with social issues rather than pleasant love songs. It was also the first time that Marvin Gaye, the entertainer, now had a social and political voice. In the wake of What’s Going On, the star began working on a new album called You’re the Man and released a single with the same title as an attack against the incumbent president, Richard Nixon. However, this attack was not to Gordy’s taste and after agreeing to release the single he refused to proceed with the album and even persuaded the singer to change his mind too. Some of the songs planned for You’re the Man were added here and there on some of his future recordings, but the 2019 version finally presents the album that Marvin Gaye dreamed of releasing in its entirety. This album’s resurrection is all the more enjoyable in the midst of Donald Trump’s presidency and lyrics like We don’t want to hear more lies / About how you plan to economise emphasise the timelessness of his music. The same struggles faced by black people under President Nixon are now faced by those under Trump. He even touches on feminism in the song We Can Make It Baby. For the production of You’re the Man, Marvin Gaye alternated between what he did on What’s Going On as well as the soundtrack of the film Trouble Man released in 1973. His voice fits perfectly with an instrumentation that is somewhere between groovy soul and light funk. To bring all of this together, it is also worth pointing out that Motown relied on producer Salaam Remi, known for his association with Nas, Amy Winehouse, the Fugees and Miguel.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”