FileCat premium

Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary: The Best of Ike and Tina Turner (1991) [R&B, Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary: The Best of Ike and Tina Turner (1991) [R&B, Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 22 Feb 2022, 13:26

Artist: Ike & Tina Turner
Album: Proud Mary: The Best of Ike and Tina Turner
Genre: R&B, Soul, Funk
Label: Parlophone Catalogue
Released: 1991
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. A Fool In Love
  2. I Idolize You
  3. I'm Jealous
  4. It's Gonna Work Out Fine
  5. Poor Fool
  6. Tra La La La La
  7. You Shoulda Treated Me Right
  8. Come Together
  9. Honky Tonk Women (Live)
  10. I Want To Take You Higher (1973 Version)
  11. Workin' Together
  12. Proud Mary
  13. Funkier Than A Mosquita's Tweeter
  14. Ooh Poo Pah Doo
  15. I'm Yours (Use Me Any Way You Wanna)
  16. Up In The Heah
  17. River Deep, Mountain High
  18. Nutbush City Limits (Remastered)
  19. Sweet Rhode Island Red
  20. Sexy Ida (Part 1)
  21. Sexy Ida (Part 2)
  22. Baby - Get It On (1980 Version)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

These hits set introduced the world to Tina Turner, back when she was the raw R&B belter from Nutbush, Tennessee, starring in her husband Ike’s band. The world didn’t know yet the private hell Tina was living through — or that she’d move on to solo stardom. But Tina’s grit and Ike’s guitar combine from the start, in duets like “I Idolize You.” Her triumph is “Proud Mary,” seizing the already-classic Creedence song and turning it into her own soul testimony.

Proud Mary: The Best of Ike & Tina Turner is a fine 23-track collection that looks at the Turners' career at the beginning and the end. Their early-'60s hits on Juggy Murray's Sue label are included, as are their early- and mid-'70s successes on Liberty and United Artists. The mid- and late-'60s recordings for Kent, Loma, Modern, Innis, Blue Thumb, and Minit are not here, unfortunately. Superior liner notes round out a fine package.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”