FileCat premium

Dr. John - The Best Of The Parlophone Years (2005) [Blues Rock, Rock'n'Roll, Jazz Blues, New Orleans R&B]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Dr. John - The Best Of The Parlophone Years (2005) [Blues Rock, Rock'n'Roll, Jazz Blues, New Orleans R&B]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 22 Feb 2022, 13:53

Artist: Dr. John
Album: The Best Of The Parlophone Years
Genre: Blues Rock, Rock'n'Roll, Jazz Blues, New Orleans R&B
Origin: USA
Released: 2005
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Zonata
  2. I Like Ki Yoka
  3. It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
  4. Voices in My Head
  5. Marie Laveau
  6. Party Hellfire
  7. Now That You Got Me
  8. Hen Layin' Rooster
  9. I Ate up the Apple Tree
  10. I'm Gonna Go Fishin
  11. Hello God
  12. Food for Thot
  13. I Don't Wanna Know
  14. Lay My Burden Down
  15. Sweet Home New Orleans
  16. Careless Love
  17. Look Out

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The four albums Dr. John recorded for Parlophone leading up to this compilation were very distinct projects. The first, 1998's Anutha Zone, functioned as the New Orleans legend's return to trans-Atlantic critical respectability, thanks to a parade of British admirers (Paul Weller, J Spaceman of Spiritualized, and Gaz Coombes of Supergrass among others). One year later, he recorded a deliciously dripping tribute to Duke Ellington titled Duke Elegant, and he followed after the end of the millennium with an old-fashioned New Orleans R&B records (2001's Creole Moon) and a heavily collaborational record (N'Awlinz: Dis Dat or d'udda) including B.B. King, Randy Newman, and Willie Nelson. Best of the Parlophone Years recycles 15 tracks from those sessions and adds a pair of bonus tracks: the unreleased "Careless Love" featuring Willie Tee (circa N'Awlinz: Dis Dat or d'udda) and "Look Out" (added to a Japanese version of Anutha Zone). Grabbing tracks from such a tight time frame produces a very unified compilation, although Dr. John's syrupy growl and laid-back swing aren't flattered by the first half of this compilation, where the tempos rarely vary.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”