FileCat premium

VA - I Love To See You Strut: More 60s Mod, R&B, Brit Soul & Freakbeat Nuggets (2022) [Soul, R&B, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

VA - I Love To See You Strut: More 60s Mod, R&B, Brit Soul & Freakbeat Nuggets (2022) [Soul, R&B, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 25 Feb 2022, 17:07

Artist: Various Artist
Album: I Love To See You Strut: More 60s Mod, R&B, Brit Soul & Freakbeat Nuggets
Genre: Soul, R&B, Funk
Label: Strawberry
Released: 2022
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Carl Douglas And The Big Stampede - Something For Nothing
  2. The Chants - Baby I Don't Need Your Love
  3. Dr. K's Blues Band - Messin' With The Kid
  4. The Bo Street Runners - Tell Me What You're Gonna Do
  5. The Moody Blues - I'll Go Crazy (Canadian Mono Version)
  6. The All Night Workers - Tell Daddy
  7. Wynder K Frog - Turn On Your Lovelight
  8. Johnny & John - Bumper To Bumper
  9. Phillip Goodhand Tait And The Stormsville Shakers - What More Do You Want
  10. The Trendbender Band - Unchain My Heart
  11. The Fingers - Something You Got
  12. Laris McLennon - Turn Me Loose
  13. Ronnie Jones - I'm So Clean
  14. Jimmy Royal And The Hawks - I'm Leaving You
  15. David John And The Mood - I Love To See You Strut
  16. The Athenians - I'm A Lover Not A Fighter
  17. The SW4 - No Matter What You Do
  18. The Mickey Finn - I Still Want You

CD 2:
  19. The Artwoods - I Feel Good
  20. Scots Of St. James - Tic Toc
  21. The Misunderstood - Find The Hidden Door (IBC Acetate)
  22. The Voice - The Train To Disaster
  23. The Drag Set - Day And Night
  24. The Mirage - Gone To Your Head
  25. The Profile - Got To Find A Way
  26. The Mike Cotton Sound - Make Up Your Mind
  27. The Favourite Sons - First I Look At The Purse
  28. The Uprooted - Mary
  29. Belfast Gypsies - Hey Gyp (Dig The Slowness)
  30. Ray Hoff And The Off Beats - Tossin' And Turnin'
  31. Colin Cook - Riot In Cell Block Number 9

CD 3:
  32. Tammy St John - Concerning Love
  33. Jimmy Thomas - (We Ain't Here Looking For) No Trouble
  34. Chris Rayburn - One Way Ticket
  35. Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera - Flames (Single Version)
  36. John's Children - Mustang Ford
  37. The Action - Follow Me
  38. Plastic Penny - It's A Good Thing (Mono Version)
  39. The Ministry Of Sound - I'm Coming Home
  40. Spencer Davis Group - Possession (Alt Versions Soundtrack Sessions 1967)
  41. Don Fardon - Dreamin' Room
  42. The Birds - Dust In My Pants
  43. Linda Hoyle - Black Crow

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Eagerly awaited sequel to 2020’s successful Halcyon Days, that was itself inspired by the RPM Records bespoke compilations Looking Back, Keep Lookin' and Night Comes Down. Celebrating Mod-friendly 1960’s beat music with disc one focussing on club-based sounds, disc two on Mod legends and disc three’s groovier, more heavy and psychedelic acts.

With previously unissued Mod RnB tracks from The Fingers, The SW4 and The Trendbender Band plus first legal time on CD Mod RnB, Soul and Freakbeat rarities from The Profile, The Athenians, Laris McLennon and The Scots of St James and a rare version of The Moody Blues’ ‘I’ll Go Crazy’ that was not issued in the UK.

Disc One includes Georgie Fame’s Hammond-driven version of Stax classic ‘Last Night’, horn-laden soul from Jimmy James And The Vagabonds and Geno Washington And The Ram Jam Band, swinging Mod Jazz from Zoot Money’s Big Roll Band and tough RnB from Manfred Mann. Disc Two includes Mod legends The Who and Small Faces and fuzz- drenched stompers from The Pretty Things, The Artwoods and The Downliners Sect, while on disc three the music gets groovier, more psychedelic and then heavier with acts including Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger And The Trinity, The Easybeats (with Steve Marriott on backing vocals) and Steve Ellis.

Also featuring The Yardbirds, The Kinks, The Zombies, Dusty Springfield, The Move, The Koobas, The Action and The Creation plus an early single B side from future super star David Bowie and early recordings from Jimmy Page playing harmonica with Mickey Finn And The Blue Men, Jeff Beck playing guitar in The Yardbirds, and future Cream members Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker on bass and drums in The Graham Bond Organisation. Future Deep Purple member Jon Lord is organist in The Artwoods and Denny Laine (later to join Paul McCartney in Wings) sings with The Moody Blues. From Miki Dallon’s Go label there are Freakbeat rarities from The Drag Set and The Scots of St James while producer Mike Hurst’s archives provides groovy Brit soul from Chris Rayburn and Mod youths The Favourite Sons playing Tamla Motown their way.
JasonDKTF

Re: VA - I Love To See You Strut: More 60s Mod, R&B, Brit Soul & Freakbeat Nuggets (2022) [Soul, R&B, Funk]; FLAC (track

Unread postby JasonDKTF » 31 Mar 2022, 16:39

I really appreciate this upload, so thank you.

However, there are 85 tracks on the 3CD album listed on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/release/22456810-Various-I-Love-To-See-You-Strut

Can you tell me, is this a different release, please?

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”