FileCat premium

Earl Hooker - The Genius of Earl Hooker (1967/2014) [Blues, Chicago Blues, Delta Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Earl Hooker - The Genius of Earl Hooker (1967/2014) [Blues, Chicago Blues, Delta Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 01 Mar 2022, 14:53

Artist: Earl Hooker
Album: The Genius of Earl Hooker
Genre: Blues, Chicago Blues, Delta Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 1967/2014
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Two Bugs In a Rug
  2. Hold On, I'm Comin'
  3. Off the Hook
  4. Dust My Broom
  5. Hot and Heavy
  6. The Screwdriver
  7. Bertha
  8. The Foxtrot
  9. End of the Blues
  10. Walking the Floor Over You
  11. Hooker Special
  12. Something You Ate

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This rare circa-1967 album has what you'd expect from a vintage Earl Hooker LP: blues instrumentals with unfailingly stinging guitar, a relaxed groove, and soul-tinged arrangements bolstered by solid organ. If it's mighty reliable in what it delivers, it also has to be said that there aren't many surprises, the tracks coming close to very high-class blues background music in some senses. As that limited genre goes, however, this is at the top of that class, Hooker throwing in enough energetic flourishes, swoops, and musical equivalents of exclamation points to not just keep things interesting, but also keep a smile on your face. A few familiar blues and soul tunes are covered here, including "Dust My Broom," "Hold On, I'm Coming," and "Something You Got," the last of these unappetizingly retitled "Something You Ate." But for the most part the program is original, including one number, "Bertha," that seems to look toward Santo & Johnny's sleepy slide guitar workouts for inspiration.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”