FileCat premium

The Undisputed Truth - Cosmic Truth (1975) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

The Undisputed Truth - Cosmic Truth (1975) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 15 Mar 2022, 21:38

Artist: The Undisputed Truth
Album: Cosmic Truth
Genre: Soul, Funk
Label: Motown
Released: 1975
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Earthquake Shake 05:50
  2. Down By The River 06:31
  3. UFOs 04:15
  4. Lil' Red Riding Hood 04:01
  5. Squeeze Me, Tease Me 03:54
  6. Spaced Out 03:13
  7. Got To Get My Hands On Some Lovin' (Single Version) 02:37
  8. 1990 04:00
  9. (I Know) I'm Losing You 06:52

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Fans of the Undisputed Truth's first two albums were shocked when they purchased Cosmic Truth. On their previous album, Down To Earth, they had combined older tracks featuring original members Billie Rae Calvin and Brenda Joyce Evans' pretty two-part harmonies with harder-edged tracks by new members. The group consisted of Calvin Stevens, Tyrone Douglas, and Virginia McDonald. Stevens and Douglas had been members of the Magictones, a third-tier Detroit R&B group. The threesome joins Joe Harris for some spacy, rock-influenced, funky sounds. "UFO's" skips along with an infectious beat, a futuristic sound, and incredulous vocals from Joe Harris. Neil Young's "Down By the River" gets a soul injection, as if it needed one. Their version of "(I Know) I'm Losing You" is sung by one of the newer male members, and producer Norman Whifield allows him to cut loose -- unusual for Whitfield, who usually demanded that his singers stick close to the melody. "Earthquake Shake" and "Got to Get My Hands on Some Lovin'" are pure heavy metal. "1990" has a strutting beat and is more subtle than the Temptations' version, with Dennis Edwards' in-your-face vocals. If you like howling and chattering guitars, this one is for you.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”