9. You're Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond
  10. Braggin
  11. Water Under The Bridge
  12. Tell Ol Bill
  13. Satisfied Mind
  14. Meetin At The Building
  15. Waltz

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Eric Bibb grew up in New York City, surrounded by a plethora of cultural variety from Leadbelly to Villa-Lobos wafting in from the radio and the streets. By the time little Bibb got his first guitar, his father, the eminent Leon Bibb, was making the rounds as a respected folk singer. Leon removed Eric from school in favor of packing him along to rehearsals, where he consorted with the likes of Judy Collins, Odetta, Bob Dylan, Earl Robinson and many others. Spirit and the Blues is a funky folk-blues delight: a bubbling pot of authentic bottleneck spirituals and memorable hum-alongs, especially for hardcore Deacons fans. Bibb blends the muddy-river vocal style of Delta gospel and the drive of white vagabond balladeers like Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger. Choice cuts "Lonesome Valley" and "Satisfied Mind" are gorgeous understated revisits of neglected gems; "Where I Shall Be" is a meditative adaption of an old field prayer recorded by Blind Lemon Jefferson. Bibb's fingerpicking technique engages the "micro-melodies" happening between melody and bassline, skillfully accompanied by the harmonica-wielding Rev. Dan Smith on "Keep Goin' On" and the traded leads with Göran Wennerbrandt's steel-bodied National Style "O" on "Lonesome Valley." Bibb's songs successfully trade visits with gospel as well as sassy, lazy blues tunes about sex and old-fashioned romance, as in "Braggin," also a favorite cut. A modern and beautifully mixed record, graced with spirit and a real timelessness factor.
jazzrock71

Re: Eric Bibb - Spirit & The Blues (1994) [Delta Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby jazzrock71 » 17 Jun 2022, 14:50

Hi, can anybody suggest other Eric Bibb's albums mainly played by acoustic guitar only? No drums or piano (if there are any). Thanks

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”